Cant find particle in Scene window , for iclone 6

Posted By gigigeorge2002 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
gigigeorge2002
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)Veteran Member (737 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,
Cant seem to find the particles that I apply in a project when I scroll through the Scene list window.
Earlier in IC5 it used to show up in the scene window.Is it different in IC6 ?  Hope I am not missing something?
In this instance I used the Blaze particle effect. 
Thanks
GG

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi,

that's a bug of IC6, but luckily there is a work-around: you need to attach the particles to a dummy.

So, do these steps:

1. insert any simple object (e.g. a 3D Cube) and mark it as dummy
2. create a particle
3. do not select anything!! The particle are there and selected, even though they are not displayed in the Scene window
4. in the Modify window, attach the particle to the dummy object
5. now the particle are visible in the Scene window under the dummy object hierarchy

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

mtakerkart
mtakerkart
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.6K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
The Iclone 6.3 patch is out!! And particles bug is fixed!! :-)

Reading This Topic