Backdward copatibility

Posted By cosmicjoe 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cosmicjoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)Veteran Member (727 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Is there compatibility between iClone 3dXchange 5.5 and iClone 5.4 for Daz characters export?
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I don't want to be responsible for misleading you - especially if you are about to spend money depending on my answer - but I was able to take DAZ Genesis characters exported as FBX files and using 3dXchange5 PRO import them into Iclone5 PRO before I moved up to Iclone6.

I'm not certain if the actual version numbers of these programs makes a difference but if you've bought them and they aren't the latest, then you should be able to upgrade.

Two things to note:  I had PRO versions and I exported the original Genesis.  I'm not sure about G2F and G2M characters from DAZ.  
mjordy
mjordy
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I know this is a very old question,but if there's anybody still using Iclone 5 Pro and 3DXchange5 Pro,the answer is yes. You can export any character,including the latest Genesis 8 in FBX format into 3DXchange 5 Pro. But,in my case, I am able to import those characters without animations and/or morphs,otherwise the program crashes. I don't know what the reason for the crashes are.
One workaround will be to export the characters without the animations,and then export the animations in T-pose,plus animations in BVH format. And then apply it to the corresponding FBX character previously exported.

Iclone 4 and 5 rock!

Reading This Topic