GoZ update 4th quarter?

Posted By VirtualMedia 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (12/30/2015)
ZBrush itself is very destructive in terms of keeping the original vertex order. Any disruption with the vertex order will mess up the animation rig and cause major problems when bringing back to iClone for animation.

Peter atleast let us create displacements and rgb textures to and from zbrush directly with goz if you're worried about vertex order. That doesn't mess with vertex info. Thats what I wanted to do with 3dx goz.
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
bluemidget666 (12/30/2015) this has me scratching my head..

"In addition, ZBrush itself is very destructive in terms of keeping the original vertex order. Any disruption with the vertex order will mess up the animation rig and cause major problems when bringing back to iClone for animation"

Not if you know what you are doing its not.

Had me scratching my head too lol Smile
But I don't think it is a straw man* attempt...
 *For non-English speakers: Straw Man = blame issue C then solve issue C, to shift the focus away from much bigger issues A and B
Maybe it's just communication somehow got lost between dev and forum admin...

Zbrush is not at all "destructive with keeping vertex order" of imported triangulated meshes.
Zbrush is on par with industry standard peers in this area...
Max Maya Blender Modo and Renderosity content producers would know...
Even first month CG game asset student would know. So I won't elaborate...

As to alleged ZBrush being naughty messing up anim rig vertex order....
"Any disruption with the vertex order will mess up the animation rig and cause major problems when bringing back to iClone for animation"

Whether it is via manual I/O or GoZ, if users simply follow standard practice...
Zbrush doesn't mess up Daz Genesis animation rig from Daz Studio...
Zbrush doesn't mess up Genesis / V4/ Poser / Carrara native animation rig from Carrara...
(incl base character mesh alone/ with conforming multi-layer clothing, with/out physics)
Zbrush doesn't mess up Max/ Maya/ Blender/ Lightwave animation rigs back and forth...
As long as....users simply follow standard practice...
As long as...their GoZ or Asset I/O is out of beta/ gold/ WIP phase... Smile

One day, hopefully in the near future...
Zbrush will also not mess up Reallusion engine triangulated RL animation rig vertex order too!
One day...

But I must not be distracted...
because...
Some form of GoZ is still better than non-delivery!

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Peter (RL) (12/30/2015)Without quad polygons it will be difficult to smooth and sculpt any 3D models. In addition, ZBrush itself is very destructive in terms of keeping the original vertex order. Any disruption with the vertex order will mess up the animation rig and cause major problems when bringing back to iClone for animation.

It is nice to hear some kind of official feedback and explanation. Appreciated...

Without a functioning direct link between native rig and an industry standard modeler/sculptor, it will be difficult to grow pro-grade 3D assets and RL marketplace ecology?

Mean time, I like to focus on what can be done in the here and now...
As in
What Can Still Be Done to Deliver a Functioning IClone-GoZ As Promised

Recap: GoZ details advertised on official 3DX page
(see pic, also numeric pts mine)

GoZ - ZBrush Edit and Update
ZBrush, the tool for designers with the art mind will soon be able
to seamlessly connect you with iClone. By selecting a target item
in iClone and pressing the GoZ option, you will be able to
  1. easily reshape a model
  2. sculpt a new character morph, or
  3. make realistic texture painting in ZBrush.
  4. The new design will also allow for fast importing of ZBrush objects as iClone props with one simple click.
GoZ, the super highway for iClone content modification, refinement and creation.

As mentioned by other members here, CC vertex order issues aside - nothing is stopping the delivery of the following
  • GoZ to add new CC Expression Morph
  • GoZ G5 G3 to add Expression Morphs
  • fast importing of ZBrush object as iClone props with one simple click
  • easily rehape of (static) model (triangulated mesh)
  • one click load any diff/spec/opa/disp map texture paint in ZBrush
As a generous and forgiving customer
I will settle for a 75% GoZ - for now, and wait for delivery of the rest
That's just my position though, won't speak for other ZBrushers here. Smile

And thanks again for showing that 3DXchange6 GoZ buyers are not disposable.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/15219076-8d02-4b99-b561-cb73.jpg

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Bellatrix
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Bellatrix (12/31/2015)

But I don't think it is a straw man* attempt...
 *For non-English speakers: Straw Man = blame issue C then solve issue C, to shift the focus away from much bigger issues A and B

LOVE IT, Bellatrix!!! w00t
Now from your posts I can learn both CGA things and English way of saying too
   Smile

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Goz should still be integrated for painting characters, painting and sculpting objects, posing statues/non skinned characters to start. I've contacted support about this issue and put in some suggestions. Just to be clear Zbrush also works with tris

http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/3d-modeling/modeling-basics/what-is-a-polymesh/

Goz seems to work with importing/exporting obj  http://pixologic.com/zbrush/features/GoZBrush/

As far as I understand, Zbrush aims to be transparent unless you want to change something i.e. remesh, dynamesh, subdivide etc. The only thing I see that might have to be changed in Goz is to disable this part: "GoZ™ will take care of simple operations such as correcting points & polygons order, as well as more advanced operations that require complete remapping." - but I'm no programmer and I don't assume to know more than Reallusion's team what they can or can't do with their software but because Zbrush is pretty flexible and Robust it might have some details that might of been overlooked to make GoZ possible with 3Dxchange..

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Sen
Sen
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello , 

Yes Zbrush can work with tri , but it's not recommended . 
Just a quick example : take the 3d  sphere , initiliaze to 16 hdivide , make a polymesh 3d and subdivide 1 or more , look at the pole Wink

Always keep in mind the subdivide process . 

CGTRADER

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
@will2power: I understand that you are disappointed and upset. On the other hand, the promotion video shows the modeling of the characters, which is obviously done outside iClone and done with quads. You would have seen the same for earlier generation characters. The characters are then tri-angulated for use in iClone. I don't conclude from that video that the characters would stay as quads in iClone, and they are certainly not triangulated to make a Z-brush connection impossible. Misleading would have been if RL had stated that G6 characters would be in quads but I have never seen evidence of that.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

will2power71
will2power71
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
animagic (1/2/2016)
@will2power: I understand that you are disappointed and upset. On the other hand, the promotion video shows the modeling of the characters, which is obviously done outside iClone and done with quads. You would have seen the same for earlier generation characters. The characters are then tri-angulated for use in iClone. I don't conclude from that video that the characters would stay as quads in iClone, and they are certainly not triangulated to make a Z-brush connection impossible. Misleading would have been if RL had stated that G6 characters would be in quads but I have never seen evidence of that.

Excuse me if I don't agree with your assessment. I might be inclined to agree with you if they had showed G6's actual geometry in anywhere in the promo.

"Brand new one piece G6 Characters are designed for versatile body morphing capabilities..." Those were the exact words of the promo while showing off quad topology in Zbrush. 

You'll note that they did not show it's actual topology anywhere in that same promo. Reallusion misrepresented the G6 topology by showing it as quads in Zbrush and talking about it's morphing capabilities . Nowhere else in that promo did they show the G6 actual topology. I have gone through all of their promotional materials and nowhere have they shown the G6 characters actual topology. I find that highly suspicious. You can give that a pass if you want to. I do not. At this point, I'm not very impressed with G6 and I won't be adopting it in any fashion as long as it's a triangulated mesh. And I'm inclined to be much more cautious about believing Reallusion advertising because of this. I'm sorry but you get one chance to make a good impression when it comes to truth in advertising and this whole thing has made me re-evaluate investing any more time and money in when there are other alternatives that are just as versatile and less restrictive when it comes to character customization that's animation friendly. There are plenty of things I don't like about DAZ Studio, but their models are first rate and the customization options are just as powerful. It's bad enough that you have to purchase an export license to use them outside of Iclone, on top of what you're already spending for 3Dxchange and the Character Creator. Both together is over a seven hundred dollar investment to get models that are triangulated. I'm just chalking this up as a learning experience with Reallusion not to take what they say at face value without serious consideration. 
Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I've talked with Tech support, apparently GoZ hasn't been dropped completely. Some things we have mentioned here have been agreed upon that is workable but they said the other issues (working with sculpting Characters for example)  development overall is delayed/unknown at this time. I'm thankful at least that it hasn't completely been abandoned.

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ascensi (1/6/2016)
I've talked with Tech support, apparently GoZ hasn't been dropped completely. Some things we have mentioned here have been agreed upon that is workable but they said the other issues (working with sculpting Characters for example)  development overall is delayed/unknown at this time. I'm thankful at least that it hasn't completely been abandoned.

Just noticed this post
There was never any reason to drop a major advertised product feature completely because 1 out of 4 of its promised functions is unfinished.
But good to know GoZ is a work in progress Smile
Thanks for the heads up

Reading This Topic