GoZ update 4th quarter?

Posted By VirtualMedia 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am sorry to say this (because I still "love" this company and their SW), but recently I have hold my money (e.g. 3DX6, CT8 Pro etc.) as I became much more careful about RL announcements or promotional prices.
Their sales market strategy and follow-up implementation has become fuzzy and people start to lose the Trust in what they announce.
I miss the days when iClone 5 popped up so many free updates, each one with something new (it was amazing the jump from 32 to 64 bits for free!), whereas now promised features are taken out and, eventually, restored at a non-negligible price.
I wonder whether they see their revenue still paying back this strategy or starting to evaluate a different approach...

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
9 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 32 minutes ago
RobertoColombo (12/11/2015)
I miss the days when iClone 5 popped up so many free updates, each one with something new (it was amazing the jump from 32 to 64 bits for free!), whereas now promised features are taken out and, eventually, restored at a non-negligible price.

I can fully understand the disappointment about GoZ but your comment that we have added no new features with iClone 6 is a little off the mark. Did you miss Character Creator? Our upgrade path for iClone 6 has followed the same path as previous versions by adding new features incrementally but by far the biggest FREE upgrade of any version has been Character Creator. Whistling

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 32 minutes ago
duchess110 (12/10/2015)
This was one of the reasons that I purchased 3dx6 pipeline so more than disappointed with the latest news.
Perhaps RL should take it off their product page as I see it is still there as an upcoming feature to follow.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d2298085-a6fd-4914-aefb-d42d.jpg

Hi Duchess,

It is unfortunate that this information remains. I will ensure that we get this removed asap.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

(deleted double post)

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter (RL) (12/11/2015)

I can fully understand the disappointment about GoZ but your comment that we have added no new features with iClone 6 is a little off the mark. Did you miss Character Creator? Our upgrade path for iClone 6 has followed the same path as previous versions by adding new features incrementally but by far the biggest FREE upgrade of any version has been Character Creator. Whistling

Hi Peter,

No, I did not miss it and I bought the complete CC.
It is a great product indeed and I did not regret to pay for it.
But we can't consider it as a "gift" : a new character system was advertised during the iClone 6 launch and that was one of the reasons that moved me (and probably other customers) to buy iClone 6.
Honestly, I consider the free CC covered by the money spent for iClone 6.

Said that, at iClone launch time, and in the following weeks, we got promises about several features, which have never seen the light: LUA API interface, curve editor, update of Physic Toolbox for iClone6,... just to mention some of them and just for iClone SW.
In addition, some features existing in previous iClone versions have been removed and proposed in an enhanced version at a certain price.
We fully understand that RL is not a charity company and that they need to earn to sustain their business and employers, but given the year 2015 facts, I think it is also fare to express some complains.

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:

Edited
Ascensi
Ascensi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
This is the worst news I've heard from Reallusion, actually Reallusion did not formally message customers or make a statement about GoZ. I paid for this add on/iClone 6 around the time that iClone 6 was first announced that would include the said "upcoming enhancements". Daz and Unity support GoZ and 3DXchange supports Daz and Unity.. it seems like 3DXchange has the ability to convert files if needed. I think that Reallusion doesn't believe it would provide any significant financial gain and simply just chooses to spend their time elsewhere. Every time you turn me/us away I discover a different package that actually adds the same functions for less and makes me wonder why I would spend money on Reallusion products especially when they don't come through on their word and the marketing comes across as a bit shady (not forth coming)  I also didn't like the fact that the photo face creator for G6 characters was dropped for iClone 6 but available to iClone users only if they buy their Crazy Talk Pipeline - not a plugin - a full program that almost has nothing to do with iClone except for the exporting of the 3D head to iClone/CC. I like the idea of interchangeability between all programs but not to be forced to buy a program for one feature that should have been continued in original program. I like all of Reallusion's programs but not the marketing nor the silence of dropping development on features we were told were coming - it just seems like it was there to entice customers. 

Store Page Link 
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/906a14b0-c792-4382-99ee-7dfe.jpg
AMD 4.5 GHz 16 Cores  | 128 GB | RTX 4090 | Window11 | Houdini FX 18.5 | Zbrush 2023 | Maya 2014 | Adobe CS6 | Sonar Producer X3 | iC8, CC4 | DTS Master Audio Suite | Perception Neuron 32 Alum Edition | Akeytsu 

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 hours ago
GOZ struck me as sexy, but not adding much to iClone/3DXchange usefulness. Those of who have the know-how to make use of such a feature also know how to use the "Replace Mesh" Feature. You would still need to maintain poly-count and vertex order anyway. This stuff is technical enough that only a small percentage of users even do it anyway. It would've been kind of redundant. It's not really iClone's demographic.  

It's not a useful enough feature to warrant the development expense.

I'm glad they are not putting more resources towards it. There are much more important basic features to work on that will make the software better for all users.

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Oh man! I was really looking forward to Goz.
Its an awesome tool for me.

I think I need to be careful which products to buy from RL from now on. Indigo has not been updated for almost a year and the bug with duplicated mesh and textures still not addressed making it useless for animation.
I skipped CT8 even though it has the face map feature. Its too much jumping through hoops to use another module for the face map feature. I hope silent export is still planned for 3dx.
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
[quote]
Said that, at iClone launch time, and in the following weeks, we got promises about several features, which have never seen the light: LUA API interface, curve editor, update of Physic Toolbox for iClone6

Thank you for emphasizing the pink elephant in this room
And noticed the greater implication
And recognized that we are all in this together
And not acting like we need to fight over breadcrumbs of dev time
If they promised 3Dcoat/ Blender applink and then dropped the cancel bomb in such blase manner
I will still be aghast and not cheer for the misery/loss of others
Because of good form on the forum
because of good spirit for fellow artists
because We Are All In The Same Boat
----

And thanks to other intelligent forum members with big picture awareness and long view:
That this particular advertised features cancellation is BEYOND the relatively minor issue of dev resources allocation.
This is an issue of business ethics, trust, and confidence.

Happy holidays.

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ascensi (12/28/2015)
This is the worst news I've heard from Reallusion, actually Reallusion did not formally message customers or make a statement about GoZ. I paid for this add on/iClone 6 around the time that iClone 6 was first announced that would include the said "upcoming enhancements". Daz and Unity support GoZ and 3DXchange supports Daz and Unity.. it seems like 3DXchange has the ability to convert files if needed.

I like all of Reallusion's programs but not the marketing nor the silence of dropping development on features we were told were coming - it just seems like it was there to entice customers. 

I agree. The last bit is what worries me the most: PR, public perception
I want to be optimistic and defend RL and say this is not a bait and switch
I want to be positive and speculate - as people do when things are left hanging
hanging...as in "probably..." "indefinitely..." "can't confirmed dead or coma..."
that the advertised GoZ and Silent I/O is probably still being developed...
Right now I stick to WISIWIG
What I see is what I get
Good on you to make your voice heard though Smile
Cheers

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Reading This Topic