Camera recording toggle ability

Posted By Eli Peli 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea.png
Eli Peli
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)Senior Member (415 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Maybe this my wish or my suggestion will sound foolish, but I thought it's worthy to mention: as a newbie I experienced difficulties to set up couple of camera and to distribute each shots, timeline... aim into right direction and without ruining scene,,, At first I didn't know that camera is recording without excuse, even I just made exam how it would be... In my situation I wish that there is some kind of Preview button for camera, similar to some other animation tools inside Iclone 6, and if everything is fine in Preview (for example in Mini preview) then I could push Recording button and finally make the shot.

Don't leave anything for tomorrow if you can finish it today
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
I don't quite understand what you want with this. What you see in iClone is a preview of the selected camera or of the current camera if the cameras are switched along the timeline using "Switch". Nothing is "recorded" until you render.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Like many things in iClone, managing cameras is... "different"... the first time you try to work with them.
  • You can create multiple cameras (Create --> Camera).  It's good to give them meaningful names.
  • Only ONE camera is "active" at any given time.
  • You need to use the TIMELINE to "switch" (control) which camera is active at any given time.  Right-click on the "Switcher" row in the timeline to pick a camera at any given time, and it will put a keyframe there.
  • You can preview (and render) with any single camera based on the one you select from the drop-down list.
  • To observe your switching, select "Switch" from the drop-down.

A couple other quick points:

• You will want to go back to the "preview" camera to "work" on your scene without affecting your camera, so you can zoom in/out and rotate without ruining a camera setup.
  • This is a good time to use the "Window --> Mini Viewport" so you have a different view open while you work
  • I find it is extremely easy to forget to switch back to "preview."  If you are really happy with a camera setup, you can "Lock" the camera position so you don't change it by accident.
  • Remember to go back to the "Switch" camera option before you render.

I hope these hints help.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
9 Years Ago by justaviking

Reading This Topic