Posted By Merry Paw 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Object Size From 3D Modeling Program to 3DExchange to IClone

Author
Merry Paw
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am finding when I import and object into 3DExchange from Modo or my other modeling program they are coming in very small. 3DExchange gives me a warning then pops up the avatar sizer.  I am using obj format for static items.
Here is my question, generally you want to size your objects as close as possible before import into another program. Is that the case here or once you bring the object into 3DExchange can you resize it as needed to transfer into IClone?
Thank you! 
Kelleytoons
This post has been flagged as an answer
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Both.

Which is to say you can resize them in XChange or you can (as I do) change your settings in whatever program you are using to output correctly (in 3DS Max, for example, you can change the scaling properly, using, say, feet instead of centimeters,  and create things that are "people sized" as Max defaults to very small settings).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
9 Years Ago by Kelleytoons

Reading This Topic