Profile Picture

Real Illusion REALLY needs to get Facial Mocap NOW!

Posted By Kelleytoons 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 hours ago
As per this:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/11/25/animation-for-all/

Clearly we are poised for facial mocap to be the Next Big Thing, and most likely well before the end of next year.  Already Apple has declared their hand, but as this article points out, it is the smaller companies and products (and, yes, they name check CrazyTalk despite the lack of facial mocap) that will enable nearly ANYONE to create animations worth seeing.

I know it's on their roadmap, but I also know they have been talking about facial mocap for many years now.  Let's hope the new year brings this technology to the RL line at last.

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic