Profile Picture

Can't see the Viseme syllables -- WAY too small on the timeline. How to enlarge?

Posted By bud_20121023184423262 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Can't see the Viseme syllables -- WAY too small on the timeline. How...

Author
bud_20121023184423262
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi Gang,

I'm having a really hard time seeing the viseme syllable when animating lips on the timeline. They are TINY Tiny tiny. I figure I must be doing something wrong because nobody else seems to be complaining about it.

Also, I'm *nearsighted* so you'd think that would help me see them, but no.

I click on them to see which one I'm on, but even that's a challenge. The "highlight" box in the phenome selection panel is so thin that I can't tell which box is highlighted. 

Animating the lips is one of the funnest parts, but this makes it miserable.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
iClone 6.21
Character Creator 1.2
3.07GHz Intel Core i7 machine running Windows 7 Pro (v 6.1.7601 SP1)
6GB RAM
EVGA GTX 970 (2 gig video memory)

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Your not doing anything wrong. RL should add a bit scaling to the timeline. It'd be nice if we could scale the tracks in X and Y to suit our needs.

In the Preferences panel/Interface section (it's down at the bottom) you can set the fonts and icons to 3 different sizes. Click on the largest and restart iClone. You can also set the brain-melting green to a neutral gray. Click on the gray tile and restart iClone.

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

@bud: I have the same problem, but I've been too lazy to mention it. So thanks for bringing it up.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
rampa (11/26/2015)
... In the Preferences panel/Interface section (it's down at the bottom) you can set the fonts and icons to 3 different sizes. 

... bottom of where, please? 
I have this problem too, but I can't find any preferences panel in either iC5 or iC6... or maybe it's not installed properly? 

Coz the only panels I've got in iC5 are: Content Manager, Scene Manager, Modify, Timeline and Camera Views. 
And in iC6: The Render, Project, Content, Scene & Visual Panels, Mini viewport, Modify and Timeline. 

I'd normally expect to find program preferences under File, Help or Window menu tabs, but it doesn't seem to be in any of those either...? 

It's so hard to find icons, and to click on them, when they are so small. It wastes a lot of time in both iC5 and iC6... so to help solve it, I purchased  a 40" screen with resolution 3840 X 2160, but... believe it or not... this didn't help. It even made it worse at first, because the icons and font became even tinier (relative to the size of the main iclone window).  

So, as a work-around, I needed to use the super HD screen, but with the resolution *reduced* to 2560 X 1440... So now the program name at the top of the main window, and the project polygon count in the camera view now have fonts of a nice readable size... but alas the font and icons for all of the things that I really need are now back to the size they were only my old screen, and are still just as hard as ever to click on. 

sigh

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Have you tried pressing the "+" (PLUS) and "-" (MINUS) keys to enlarge and shrink the view?  I use the highest resolution (meaning smaller) and can still zoom in and get a large enough Viseme key to edit, as needed.

Just know the Plus and minus takes a little bit of getting used to, and the Timeline has to be actively selected in order for the "Plus" and "Minus" keys to work as zoOM functions.

I just completed a 25 minute dialogue edit, and would not have been able to do it without the zoom.  It was for 9 different characters using the same dialogue input, so they each had to be separated to avoid overlaps in speech.  

bud_20121023184423262 (11/26/2015)
Hi Gang,

I'm having a really hard time seeing the viseme syllable when animating lips on the timeline. They are TINY Tiny tiny. I figure I must be doing something wrong because nobody else seems to be complaining about it.

Also, I'm *nearsighted* so you'd think that would help me see them, but no.

I click on them to see which one I'm on, but even that's a challenge. The "highlight" box in the phenome selection panel is so thin that I can't tell which box is highlighted. 

Animating the lips is one of the funnest parts, but this makes it miserable.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Bleetz (11/28/2015)
rampa (11/26/2015)
... In the Preferences panel/Interface section (it's down at the bottom) you can set the fonts and icons to 3 different sizes. 

... bottom of where, please? 

In iClone 6, selecting Edit => Preference opens the Preference panel. Or press Ctrl+P.

bud_20121023184423262
bud_20121023184423262
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Okay, so I was just getting back to doing some lip animation and thought I'd check back here for the replies first. THANK GOD I did!

Rampa's suggestion of bumping up the font to max--I can already tell--is going to help a lot. Still small, but at least I can read the viseme syllables now. Thanks, Rampa!

@Cricky, yes I've been using + & - but it had no effect on the viseme syllable size, which was driving me batty. I do like zooming all the way in nonetheless. I wish iClone would map the + & - keys to some left-hand key-combination so I can keep the  mouse in my right hand as I zoom in and out. And I wish there was a way to turn off the auto-advance on the timeline. I center the WAV so I can work on it, but the timeline insists on advancing even though I've got the frames limited to the area I'm working on. I have to re-set with each pass. Unnecessarily frustrating.

@Animagic  -- Thank you & You're Welcome ;-)

Okay, now to do some lip syncing a bit more comfortably . . . .   :-)

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
iClone 6.21
Character Creator 1.2
3.07GHz Intel Core i7 machine running Windows 7 Pro (v 6.1.7601 SP1)
6GB RAM
EVGA GTX 970 (2 gig video memory)

VirtualMedia
VirtualMedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (13.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
rampa (11/26/2015)
Your not doing anything wrong. RL should add a bit scaling to the timeline. It'd be nice if we could scale the tracks in X and Y to suit our needs.

In the Preferences panel/Interface section (it's down at the bottom) you can set the fonts and icons to 3 different sizes. Click on the largest and restart iClone. You can also set the brain-melting green to a neutral gray. Click on the gray tile and restart iClone.

Right on rampa, IC6 had some major timeline improvements but scaling the X and Y is definitely needed.

Virtual Media® / VTV® / The Virtual Entertainment Network...
http://VTVLive.com
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm OK with the font size for the rest of the interface, but the visemes are indeed too small in comparison, definitely smaller than in iClone 5.

Reading This Topic