Profile Picture

Modify a body part

Posted By Gritski 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Gritski
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I just want to edit a body part quickly. G2 symbol soldier upper and lower to paint it like a construction safety outfit. I have CTA2 pipeline. Any tips would be great, thanks
Gritski
Gritski
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)Senior Member (289 reputation)

I have Totally Symbols pack G2 Body Composer Kit 3, Are the Symbol Character outfits available in swf or ai format?
Does the sprite editor allow you to 'edit' the sprite? Can you export sprite (or a duplicate) then edit externally and then bring back in?
Newbie suffering for half a day trying to work this out. I have Adobe creative suite tools, help pleeeese! Thanks

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Gritski (11/25/2015)
Are the Symbol Character outfits available in swf or ai format?
No.

Does the sprite editor allow you to 'edit' the sprite?
No

Can you export sprite (or a duplicate) then edit externally and then bring back in?
No

All "Editing" of vector sprites is via an external editor (Flash, DrawPlus, etc.).
You create the vector object, export to a swf file, and then you can import it into your character to replace an existing sprite.
You will have to recreate any of the body parts you wish to replace.

If you just wish to re-color the existing body part, in "Composer Mode" use the "Render Style" "Advanced Settings" (Pipeline only) features.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Gritski
Gritski
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for your reply Jeff, I'm surprised it is such a massive effort for a simple change.
Is there a Dummy Template available for the Symbol character?
Is there a body part template like the policeman shown in tutorial - G2 Character Creation in DrawPlus Part 1, but as Symbol man?
I can't bare the thought of starting from scratch and getting the symbol man's outfit technically accurate with joint overlaps and outline thickness right.
Any suggestions welcomed, cheers

Gritski
Gritski
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thanks for the tute link, I just watched JI Lesson 1 - Converting a Body Part to a Vector Object
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96zysvWs6L8
...that will definitely get me out of trouble for a small change, thanks heaps.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Gritski (11/26/2015)
Is there a Dummy Template available for the Symbol character?

There is the one dummy template (based on Saul) in Flash & DrawPlus formats and one for the Buddy's World "Buddy Base" but in Flash format only.

Is there a body part template like the policeman shown in tutorial - G2 Character Creation in DrawPlus Part 1, but as Symbol man?

Unfortunately there are no other templates.

I can't bare the thought of starting from scratch and getting the symbol man's outfit technically accurate with joint overlaps and outline thickness right.
Any suggestions welcomed, cheers

You could start with the Dummy template and modify it for other characters.
Since you are using flash you should get Puppet Producer from CineStar and its currently on sale: This thread has the discount code good thru the 27th till midnight.
Here is the first in a series of tuts on using it:
Creating a new G2 character for CrazyTalk animator using Puppet Producer: Part 1

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic