Profile Picture

Do some of the new products overlap?

Posted By Sondra 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Sondra
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (360 reputation)Senior Member (360 reputation)Senior Member (360 reputation)Senior Member (360 reputation)Senior Member (360 reputation)Senior Member (360 reputation)Senior Member (360 reputation)Senior Member (360 reputation)Senior Member (360 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
It's interesting to have the chance to try out programs before buying them, which I haven't started doing yet. What I'm wondering is whether there is overlap in the various products. I don't want to get involved in full 3D for now. Animator 2 looks like it adds some aspects of 3D to non-3D characters. Is that something that cannot be accomplished in CrazyTalk 8 on its own?
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Sondra (11/17/2015)
It's interesting to have the chance to try out programs before buying them, which I haven't started doing yet. What I'm wondering is whether there is overlap in the various products. I don't want to get involved in full 3D for now. Animator 2 looks like it adds some aspects of 3D to non-3D characters. Is that something that cannot be accomplished in CrazyTalk 8 on its own?

Typically, CrazyTalk was usually limited to facial animations/movments, although it did take into consideration shoulders.  But there were no movable or posable arms.  How that differs in CT8 remains to be seen, but it looks like it might include some arm movements in the newer 3D capabilities, but they've yet to show any of the 2D capabilities.  A best guess is it remains the same as it was in CT7, only including facial animation/movements with some shoulder access as well, but no arms and no legs.  CTA on the other hand is full body 2D animation, using a pseudo-3D approach.  It's really nothing more than layers and built in switch layers, just automated.  Of course the benefit there is automatically using 3D motions from iClone (as long as they've never been saved in IC6, that still remains a problem).

Wordsmth
Wordsmth
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
How about the facial animation capabilities of Crazy Talk (now version 8) versus what can be done in Crazy Talk Animator? I like the facial animation of Crazy Talk, but have seen some demos showing facial animation from photos in Crazy Talk Animator. How robust/capable is Animator regarding facial animations?

Reading This Topic