PINHEAD PROJECT 9 OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED

Posted By Alley 9 Years Ago
Rated 3.7 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@Job (Animagic),

That was GREAT!!!  I loved it.
Excellent music and sound (ambient and effects).  You did a great job of laying out the text in comic book style.

What did you use for the dialogue/thought bubbles?
(EDIT:  Oh, I paused when the credits started... "Comic Life 3" for the text?)
(EDIT again:  I just read the video description in YouTube.  Yup, Comic Life 3.  Someday I'll learn not to post before finishing my first cup of coffee in the morning, LOL.  I'm glad I didn't read that before, though, it has spoilers in it.)

---

I liked the way you were able to repurpose the original project and extend it.  I've been thinking about doing the exact opposite.  There is an idea I've had for quite a while, and I might do it for this project, and then turn it into the animated version later.

I had such huge assumptions of getting a lot done on my project over the holiday break.  I can't believe how busy I was, and how little of anything I accomplished.  I'll have to finalize my plan and get it done so I'm not late.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Bedankt Arie; thank you, Dennis!

Dennis, you could also have found out what I used by reading the part of my post after the inserted video...Whistling

But yes, I invested $30 in Comic Life 3 and I've found it money well spent. It gave my all necessary textual elements for the comic panels.

BTW, I thought a comic would be easier and that we would have many more entries by now. What made it simpler for me is that by now I have many scene elements that I can reuse.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
pinguintje (1/2/2016)
Here is my final entry for the Pinhead Project.

Great little story - I love the fact that you go for gentle and amusing videos which is rare within the Iclone film making community. Good luck!

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

animagic (1/4/2016)
For once, I have an early contribution! My comic is called "Playing Dead".

Excellent animation - I especially love the soundtrack and the sound effects which complement the story perfectly. Good Luck!

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello fellow pinheads!

OK got my entry ready at last - best (as with all the entries) to view full screen and at HD resolution otherwise it is hard to read the captions.

Apologies to anyone who reads slowly as you may not be able to keep up at all times. I am a slave to the music unfortunately.

Thanks to everyone (especially Alley) for making this competition possible and for making the timescales achievable. I am very slow so need all the help I can get in that area.

Some bits are darker than I expected following conversion into the video but hopefully you can still follow what's going on.

Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TC9Ax-PH8

Alley
Alley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Hello everyone....just a quick update.  I have had my kids around for the last few weeks.  I also got a new laptop for birthday/Christmas and I've been very distracted and taken lots of family time.  So, I apologize for being behind here.  I will get the website updated today with people who have joined up and entries.  I'll post back when I think I have it up to date and if anyone notices I am missing anything, please let me know.

I'll get on this right away.

Alley

Alley
Alley
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Ok, I think I am up to date now with entries and participants listed.  Please let me know if I've missed anything.

Great entries - you guys amaze me!! Smile

Pinhead Adventure

Alley

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
@Toonarama,

Wow, that was awesome!  w00t

Loved the lighting, camera angles, music, and the rapid heart-pounding pace.
The story was excellent too.  Very "Pinhead."
Really great.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@Toonerama: that was a great entry! Dark too, so it's good we have Arie!

The pace and the music really helped to move the story along. I had to pause a couple of times to read the text, although the imagery often said enough already.

Well, this promises again to become a great contest!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Sandpaints
Sandpaints
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Wow, I just heard about this contest after making an other contest entry at a Film Production Software company named Celtx - so I'd probably have to rework my Pinhead a bit - there's some motion but no lip syncing. There are still images involved, but no bubbles (although I thought about that, again not being aware of the activities here). So hope you will take a look at it and offer any advice. It wouldn't be that hard to revise.

Just joking, but it occurs to me that all video is just one still frame after another by definition - it's not motion, but our brains perceive it as such. Anyway, I love the character Pinhead too and hope you will enjoy what I tried to do with him. The project was done primarily with iClone and imported some models from DAZ. Edits were done in post production video software to align the sound tracks etc including some Green Screens.

Thank you for a wonderful model, and any comments.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/03d31721-4938-4a84-97a2-9241.jpg

https://youtu.be/Art4dnNryoc

Reading This Topic