PINHEAD PROJECT 9 OFFICIALLY LAUNCHED

Posted By Alley 9 Years Ago
Rated 3.7 stars based on 3 votes.
Author
GrannyJ
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I agree with Viking (well stated).....
My siblings & my grown children are often my hardest critics - However - my grandbabies think the stuff I create is fun & awesome (the oldest - 5 yrs - will often sit in my lap to "help grammy make a new dolly" - that's what she calls avatars)...
I do what I do because I love doing it....  the folks in the RL community know how tedious it can get trying to perfect the craft  we all appreciate the tremendous amount of effort, creativity & skill that each & every person puts into their compositions....
Just seeing the creative process in action & what people come up with tickles me pink!  I enjoy it immensely....  Constructive criticism is always helpful, but nit-picking should be ignored....  Do the best you can, stretch your imagination and hone your skills & enjoy every minute - life's too short to worry about the small stuff!

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

Edited
8 Years Ago by GrannyJ
colour
colour
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@ Gerard.

Wise words from wise Folk .Wink

You've submitted  wonderful Prize & Award-winning Clips over the years, for which the Pinhead Community & others are extremely grateful. Smile

I don't take any notice of those who pick holes in my Clips, because they're full of holes to start with, anyway. BigGrin
I love Pinhead  (he's been Family for many of us since Project 1 in 2006),  the Pinhead Projects & the Community spirit. Thanks for being an important part of that Community spirit. Smile

Peter   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheOldBuffer
TheOldBuffer
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Learners like myself and experts alike are all our own worst critics but for those outsiders who know little or nothing about the time and effort needed to produce anything creative who then look at our work and compare it to Pixar or Disney etc can be very difficult to deal with. This is why this forum is so important to all of us, not only for the help and support but for the "well done's" and "good job" we need to hear now and again to keep us going. 
Keep up the great work everyone. We all appreciate what we do.

Homebuilt computer - Windoze 10, INTEL i9 9900 k @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA RTX 2080 TI XC ULTRA, 16GB 3100 MHz RAM, Asus  Maximus Hero XI motherboard, Sound blaster Z series. iClone6 & 7 Pipeline, Crazytalk 8, Crazytalk Animator 2, Facefilter, Pop video 3, Hitfilm 4Pro, Cubase 8.5 Pro,

animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
@Gerskey: I would like to chime in and confirm what others have said. I revisited your clip and found it again very funny and nicely done. Maybe your family and friends are just grumpy and recognize themselves...Tongue

I now have the difficult task to start voting. There's definitely merit in all of the clips, so I wish there were as many questions as movies to acknowledge the creative effort of each of you.

EDIT: As a reminder to any members who want to vote, here is the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KCNQP2N. The page with all the entries is here: http://pinheadadventure.com/page4.html.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by animagic
pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

Will watch them all in one go tonight, then vote, looking forward to it Smile

GrannyJ
GrannyJ
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have viewed all the entries several times - because I enjoy them & seeing everyone's creativity at work!!!!  So hard to pick just one for this & one for that.....  I really like them all....  Kudos to those who submitted their work .....  Next go round let's try to get more folks involved because it's just so fun to see what everyone comes up with.

iClone Certified Content Developer and Author of the Pinky Frink® Adventure Series & the Pinky Frink® Learning Books
site: Granny J's 3D Attic SKYPE = grannyjsplace email: grannyj@grannyjs3dattic.com
MY RIG: GPU: Dual GeForce GTX 970M | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)i7-5930K @3.50GHz| 32.00 GB RAM | OS: Win 7 Pro SP1 | DX11

pumeco
pumeco
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago

To be honest, I wasn't too fond of the Comic idea at first, but now I've seen them all I've changed my mind, was definitely enjoyable.
Haven't voted yet, I can put some votes to some categories, but others are really hard to decide between so I'll sleep on it, might even watch them again tomorrow!

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
pumeco (4/2/2016)
To be honest, I wasn't too fond of the Comic idea at first, but now I've seen them all I've changed my mind, was definitely enjoyable.

That's one of the many things I enjoy about the Pinhead projects... they get people to try new things.

Sometimes it's a specific genre or an interesting topic.  In this case a specific artistic approach, yet even then there was quite a variation in style.  I was happy it was well suited for the old-school "2D Pinhead," which is what I first thought I would revert back to for this contest.  I anticipated some good use of Indigo since they were stills rather than video.

This time the project lead to a new tool for me: Comic Life.  I used a trial version for the project, but I think I'll be buying it just to have around.  I have more to learn about it, but it was fun to use.

And, yes, it's been so fun to see all the entries.  I need to do a "serious" watching of them again, now that I know what the voting categories are.  A fun task, for sure.

@Alley... Please remember give us a good heads-up prior to the close of voting, once you decide when the polls will close.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
8 Years Ago by justaviking
animagic
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

justaviking (4/2/2016)
I anticipated some good use of Indigo since they were stills rather than video.

While they are stills, I found that the ultra-realistic style achievable with Indigo wasn't really suited. Something more stylistic or "drawing-like" if you will turned out to work better for me.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

wires
wires
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Corrected end time:

The voting for this contest will officially end on Sunday April 10th at 24:00 EDT (New York) = April 11th at 05:00 BST (London)

For those who have not yet voted you may do so here. All the entries can be viewed here.  

Once again we would like to thank all who participated in this event.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Edited
8 Years Ago by wires

Reading This Topic