Profile Picture

BURNED AGAIN! XBOX ONE WON'T CONNECT TO PC OUT OF THE BOX!

Posted By JC Weatherby 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

BURNED AGAIN! XBOX ONE WON'T CONNECT TO PC OUT OF THE BOX!

Author
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
This is a lengthy thread describing how I got the KINECT ONE MOCAP SYSTEM GOING ON MY AMD-BASED PC.  I'll cut to the chase to give you the major lessons:

1. If you are a previous MOCAP user with a KINECT 360, you are used to plugging your sensor into your PC with no problems.  Migrating to the KINECT ONE will require you to PURCHASE AN ADDITIONAL $50.00 ADAPTER.  ALSO, once you switch to Windows 10, your KINECT 360 will no longer work.  Thank you, Microsoft.

2. The USB 3.0 DRIVERS used by your AMD MOBO ARE INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE KINECT ONE.  In order for the KINECT ONE to power successfully, you'll need to purchase the TRANSCEND PDU3 USB 3.0 PCI-E CARD.  It has the Microsoft/Renasis drivers needed to successfully drive the KINECT ONE.  Reallusion makes no mention of this in their sales materials - a serious oversight if you ask me - given they are selling a product that depends on the Kinect One.  This resulted in a poor customer experience, which forced me to resort to the forums to dig around for the answers I needed.  Peter, via the Support Desk, simply told me (I'm paraphrasing) "You have a problem with your computer, let us know when you get it sorted out."  THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THIS ISSUE FROM THE START.  

I want to thank all the people who helped me figure this out!  Smile

***********************************************************************************************************

Requires additional adapter... 

1. NO MENTION of this in any of the marketing for Mocap V2
2. NO MENTION of this in the Mocap V2 online manual

The "Kinect Adapter for Windows" is a $50.00 Add-On you have to purchase separately.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/00ba604e-2a29-4b3a-8391-3c4.jpeg
Edited
9 Years Ago by JC Weatherby
Sen
Sen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello , 

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/mocap/setup.html

CGTRADER

JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Smile   ... ey-ey-ey.... Microsoft changes it's hardware configuration - that's not RL's fault.  But it would have been nice to get that little caveat up front, especially for previous Mocap customers, not buried on some product detail page or a tiny link in the manual.  It's pertinent information users need.   
Edited
9 Years Ago by JC Weatherby
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
The good news is that Microsoft is currently selling the Kinect V2 for $99 (reduced by $50, or the same price you pay for the Windows adapter).

So it's kind of a wash (good only until the end of the year).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
JC Weatherby (11/11/2015)
Requires additional adapter... 

1. NO MENTION of this in any of the marketing for Mocap V2

The "Kinect Adapter for Windows" is a $50.00 Add-On you have to purchase separately.

It's actually listed in the system requirements below which really should be the first port of call. It's also mentioned in many threads across the forum.

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/mocap/download.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@ Peter   I watched videos, the announcement video (that would have been a good place to mention it),  tutorials... I read through the manual.  I sucked in a lot of information, but never saw that little tidbit.

Unlike you, Peter, it's not my job to baby sit and know everything going on in this forum.

But this is all moot.  It should not be a detail in fine print we have to go digging for.   It should be front-and-center - particularly for the benefit of your previous mocap/360 customers, who got an adapter out-of-the-box.  I can imagine a number of ways this could have been accomplished, but I'm not your VP of Marketing.  And I understand you're not either, so feel free to pass the buck.

Another issue is that you cannot simply go out and buy the adapter.  I went to Best Buy.  I went to the Microsoft Store.  Both here in Atlanta.  They don't stock them.  It's not available at Fry's Electronics, either.   You have to order it, which will add at least 2 days to your upgrade cycle.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
I have personally tried to mention it almost each time I have replied about the Kinect For Xbox One recently. My point was that the information was there so its not like you were given wrong information. That would actually be being burned. I guess the motto is, if in doubt its always best to ask. Smile

And to be honest the System Requirements is hardly having to dig. As I say that should be the first port of call when buying any software or hardware.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
9 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Artman009
Artman009
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

What online manual are you referring to?

-- Artman009

JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

WOW!  I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN WITH MY COMPLETELY NON FUNCTIONING XBOX ONE KINECT MOCAP SYSTEM!  L O L...

Plugged in my new Kinect today for the first time - and the thing WON'T POWER ON...  LOL...  Seems XBOX ONE KINECT SENSOR has some serious reliability issues!!!

mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Life on the bleeding edge sure is fun!!!CrazyCrazyCrazy

Sorry for your grief!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Reading This Topic