Posted By Eric (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

CrazyTalk 8 Pipeline and iC6: Photo to 3D Head Discussion

Author
animagic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 48 minutes ago
Eddie G (12/4/2016)
What an interesting thread.  I wasn't aware so many IC users see what I see.
When a company is run primarily by Marketing, you often do not get enlightened technical decisions.  And sometimes you see greed.  It is always wise to question the hype.  If RL engineering was as powerful as RL marketing, IC would be a six lane highway to the moon.

I don't believe there is a company where engineering is put above marketing and management... At least with RL we have user input: see iClone 7. Also, RL is still in business. Many innovative 3D companies have passed away since. TrueSpace comes to mind, but there are others.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

GreedyPeopleSuck
GreedyPeopleSuck
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago

I don't believe there is a company where engineering is put above marketing and management...

Truer words have never been written. It's the same story with every partnership...a person who can bring in business is worth more than a person who can execute and keep business.

Gavin McInnes, a founder of a now billion dollar company, recently went on a rant about how it went wrong for him at Vice this way. Shane Smith marketed so well he got pushed out. He was the brains and talent, but a good saleman selling hype and fake news targeted at an impressionable demographic was worth a lot more than creating respectable content reliably before deadlines.
ingie01
ingie01
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)Veteran Member (997 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
What a bunch of whiners. I have been with RL since the beginning. This is fantastic software. I don't know how much I've spent,but it probably would be the equivalent to purchasing 3 major popular 3-d programs.I have never found another program so easy and with the depth and power. Now with real cameras when the new iclone is released. Yeh, any of this shit is expensive!

Reading This Topic