Posted By Realtimer (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Kinect Mocap Plug-in (Xbox One / 360 / Windows) - New Release

Author
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 hours ago
each type of sensor requires a different plugin. If they were to do a Leap Motion sensor just for hand capture, that would require another plugin. There is no universal plugin for all devices.
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Perception Neuron is a completely different approach than the Kinect as it requires sensors on the body. So it is unrelated to the Kinect Mocap and requires its own plugin. RL has been working on it for a while. Initially PN was offered at a reasonable price, but after the launch that price was bumped up substantially. There is not much RL can do about that, but they may be able to get a deal, if PN gets their production problems sorted out.

The Kinect Mocap uses a kind of camera and is a low-cost option that is an improved version of the plugin that was already available for iClone 5. Initially it would not have been available for iClone 6, but people have been asking for it, so here it is. With the new Xbox One camera, which has a better resolution than the old Kinect, it may actually be usable.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

innocia
innocia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)New Member (17 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
it I got an email and was able to buy
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

I still have an old Kinect Xbox 360, which I never did anything with as I don't have enough space. I bought the new plugin because it was on sale. Now it seems that the new Kinect would be well suited for my primary use, which is adding gestures to dialog. The only way to that convincingly in my mind is by capturing motions while the dialog is being spoken or while listening to a recording of the dialog (in which case I would do the gestures myself). Does anyone use Kinect Mocap in this way and/or does this sound this feasible?

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Yeah, just tried it and it's certainly feasible.  Remember you won't get finger movements (so you'll need to spend some time editing your hands) and the movements aren't exactly subtle, but you can definitely load up an audio file and, during capture, hear all that's going on and react to it.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.7K reputation)

I'd also recommend, doing this, that you allow yourself some "lead time" into your clip that you're trying to perform to.  I kept trying to create something to show you but got frustrated because the audio started right away and I wasn't *quite* ready so my actions were always a bit behind.  In point of fact, I think the best thing would be to loop the audio three or four times, and use that as your track, so you get a few "takes" in order to get everything the way you want (if you watch RL's demo of the KV2 you'll see them doing just this, doing three or four takes of an action and then using one they like).

I need to do more of this -- it's pretty fun to play around with mocap.

Alienware Aurora R16, Win 11, i9-149000KF, 3.20GHz CPU, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090 (24GB), Samsung 870 Pro 8TB, Gen3 MVNe M-2 SSD, 4TBx2, 39" Alienware Widescreen Monitor
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (11/8/2015)
I'd also recommend, doing this, that you allow yourself some "lead time" into your clip that you're trying to perform to.  I kept trying to create something to show you but got frustrated because the audio started right away and I wasn't *quite* ready so my actions were always a bit behind.  In point of fact, I think the best thing would be to loop the audio three or four times, and use that as your track, so you get a few "takes" in order to get everything the way you want (if you watch RL's demo of the KV2 you'll see them doing just this, doing three or four takes of an action and then using one they like).

I need to do more of this -- it's pretty fun to play around with mocap.

Thanks, Kelleytoons. If you ever get around to showing a sample that would be great.

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah, I'll try and do that later (maybe even tonight, but I have to see -- tennis first thing in the morning so my schedule is a little tight).  I *do* want to play around more with the Kinect V2 so this would be a good excuse.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, there's no rush...

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
The best I ever saw for the Kinect 360 was "Nuicapture".
http://nuicapture.com/
They don't seem to be active anymore. Sad

Reading This Topic