Posted By Alon Dan 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea.png
Alon Dan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello All,
I made this weird ugly cloth thinggy for practice purposes, so far so good!
I've imported it as a prop, (OBJ file from 3DXchange) then I used  "Attach" on the  Spine_02  (it's a basic CC female)

The problem:
I'm not sure how to solve the Weight Maps on the Sleeves and on the dress together as one image... 

It's much easier to accomplish for a dress with no sleeves with a single gradient Black to White.  But in the future I want to make sleeves... so it is a good chance to practice and learn how to solve this.

Can somebody here give me an example of a weight map that will work good on something similar to this dress and it's sleeves?

Maybe it's easy but I'm very new to this and trying to learn from experimenting so I can't really solve everything, hopefully you guys can help me out here, Thanks ahead! Smile

* Sorry about my bad English.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c60c6808-ce80-4153-a1a7-e8d4.png
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
It's difficult to get a usable clothing item using this prop attaching method. It can work well for a simple skirt, but more complex shapes really need the clothing mesh to be rigged/weighted. You could try doing the sleeves as separate pieces that were a simple tubular shape like a skirt.

It would be ideal if the clothing would stay on the avatar using nothing but physics, but PhysX can't do that very well.

EDIT:
What you might try though is creating a black area (pinned area) that is at the location of where it is attached. So make a black circle with feathered edges right where "spine 2" is. Leave the rest white so it effected by physics. 

I would suggest making the attaching part be the collar, attaching at the neck, rather than "spine 2". The idea being that it will drape from that point. 

The arms will still not stay in place very well. Without rigging/weighting, they are not able to be attached separately to the bones of the arms.
Edited
9 Years Ago by rampa
Alon Dan
Alon Dan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Thanks rampa! Smile
I'll try your tips and see if I get better results. 

I would try to do the skinning for the cloth so it will be a part of the CC character but the problem is that I can't get the .FBX from 3DXchange to Blender to work as I tried to explain in my early thread HERE... maybe I'm doing something wrong during the export... I have no idea.
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I would try to do the skinning for the cloth so it will be a part of the CC character

Alon Dan create own Cloth for CC is at the moment very limited, but RL is working on a new Tool for us . Smile The CC Pipeline .
Maybe with this we can create better and easier Cloth for own Character.
btw. Here is a similar Thread

https://forum.reallusion.com/254507/Conforming-Clothing-3-Methods?PageIndex=1

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
9 Years Ago by vidi
Alon Dan
Alon Dan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you vidi,
I guess I will have to wait for the CC pipeline tool in order to get much more creative, I'm counting on RL to do their best! Smile

Reading This Topic