Toon Gramps Mad Scientist Potential Animation Issues

Posted By toonarama 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Having previously purchased the Toon Gramps Mad Scientist from Daz3d and converted it I know that it is a great character but his long and tight coat means that unless you do a lot of amendments to your motions his legs will continue to peek through his coat. So although it is advertised as accepting all iclone motions this might be stretching the truth a bit. Perhaps when it has been converted this has been fixed but on the product page for the Grimm Skeleton (also from 3duniverse) the same issue exists.

Hopefully there is a way of solving this (apart from tying his legs together) but just bear this in mind if you are thinking of purchasing.
Edited
9 Years Ago by toonarama
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Putting this under the General iClone area leaves a few questions.
Depending on the version of iClone you are using, this can be fixed easily, and in iClone 6, the coat can be converted to Soft Cloth to Flow if desired.
It also depends on the output you created from DAZ

The questions are:  What versions of both are you using? 

I also do LIVE training sessions through Skype... there is a co$t involved.  When finished you will have the completed model on your system ready to go.  You have a choice to not use the service of course. Contact me by P.M. if interested. 

toonarama (10/21/2015)
Having previously purchased the Toon Gramps Mad Scientist from Daz3d and converted it I know that it is a great character but his long and tight coat means that unless you do a lot of amendments to your motions his legs will continue to peek through his coat. So although it is advertised as accepting all iclone motions this might be stretching the truth a bit. Perhaps when it has been converted this has been fixed but on the product page for the Grimm Skeleton (also from 3duniverse) the same issue exists.

Hopefully there is a way of solving this (apart from tying his legs together) but just bear this in mind if you are thinking of purchasing.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Thanks very much for your advice and offer of support Cricky.

I have IC6 and have used the soft cloth physics with limited success - however his long coat is so tight fitting that if you were to wear it in real life you would have just as much trouble moving! It's a shame as I think it is a great character - perhaps he will always only appear from the waist up - that's how the B-Movie directors of days gone by would have solved this issue.
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I only have Gramps not the mad scientist so do not know but if the coat has bones (handles, helpers) you can retarget the thigh roll bones on them.
If not all is not lost it probably has leg bend morphs you can bake to the timeline and add in expression editor under custom that you can then access in iClone with the face puppet.
Also such morphs in DAZ can move the coat out so not as close fitting for soft cloth.

Edited
9 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you Wendy - much appreciated - I'll have a go at modifying things in Daz

Reading This Topic