Profile Picture

Character Creator Original Clothing : Solutions ?

Posted By Alon Dan 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Ardent Enterprise
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I'm with you ... I too want to create clothing for CC models that I have developed. It was disappointing for me to purchase the bundle and then see that it only had a few styles of clothing, though good, they are not bases that I can utilize to build my own costumes with. I have a discussion going with another member ... this is my main issue, and there are some suggestions under that thread. Good luck and I will continue to follow this thread ... though so far it is hard for me to make sense of the questions and answers, but I understand your frustration and I do hope there will be a good solution before too long.

Constance

Edited
9 Years Ago by Momma NaNa
Ardent Enterprise
Ardent Enterprise
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
That helps clarify for me too ... Thank you.  I share Alon's desire to create custom clothes ... I was hoping to simplify the process by using the bases that are available for earlier gen characters, but apparently that is not happening with the CC's. I got into DAZ and iClone so I could spend more time storytelling and less time making and rigging models, hopefully the coming Pipeline will help. It would be good to have an approximate date, and some idea of what to expect with that.

Constance

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Alon Dan (10/17/2015)
I didn't know about CC Pipeline until you guys mentioned it in the post few times, so now I'm very curious if anyone (RL team?) knows if it's going to be released in the next couple of months or during 2016?

No confirmed dates... Rumor is, "soon"! Wink
Any time from next week to end of year is possible...

There're other ways to dress CC using soft body physics clothing
Import them as props and then attach to characters
Can be tedious though unless you're already familiar with collision and cloth physics
No harm playing around though Smile
Cheers

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Alon Dan
Alon Dan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Personally, I like creating my own original style and designs if it's characters, cloth, props or anything I can create.
I only use iClone for few days (not even a week) and I'm learning as experimenting and watching tutorials, also lots of help from this amazing community!
I think Reallusion making an amazing job considering a 2D Animator like myself accomplish stuff which probably will take me weeks or months in any normal 3D software. If you ask me... Realtime + Animation is true magic! Smile

Back to the Clothing subject:
I'm still trying some "ideas" and trying to be very creative with the tools I have inside iClone and 3DXchange, but it is not as simple as I would like it to be consider I'm still learning the software, and also I understand it is not possible to do yet with the current tools. 

EXPERIMENT TIME:
On the content under: Props > Cloth Template_Pin
We have few presets of cloth with "Dummy Arrows" which can be moved and change the cloth, I've played with it and was able to make a Cape real easy by linking the dummies to the shoulder of the character... it's not perfect but it works.

THIS IS MY 
(stupid but creative)  IDEA:
So... based on these Dummy Arrows (Pins)...  here is the recipe I want you to help me COOK: (because I don't know how)
1 - I can create a simple .OBJ in the shape I want + UV (for Grayscale weight mapping) as the original cloth.
2 - If I can CREATE my own Dummy Arrows (Pins) and decide where each one will be placed on this .OBJ (the cloth)
I said "IF" because I don't know how to create these, and if it's possible at all... iClone? 3DXchange? how do I make them, position them (rig the cloth basically).  if you can explain this or EVEN BETTER show a video-tutorial how it's done, we may get into something very creative here! just bear with me... Wink
3 - Basically If I can create a soft-cloth from a basic .OBJ, put the pins on specific parts of it, add as many pins as I need, placing them whenever I need...  than LINK to the bones that make sense on the CC character (like I did with the cape)
The Result will be: ORIGINAL CLOTH DESIGN!

What I describe above is only a theory from my point of vew, Please remember I may be creative but I'm only using iClone for few days now... so I may sound very stupid... at least I'm trying to accomplish what my insane brain tells me Smile

Now... after you read my idea, if it's possible... let's make this thread and try be creative as possible with what we got.
Also please explain, show short video tutorials if possible... we all need to learn somehow especially beginners like myself who don't know much yet.

Again, sorry about my bad English... hope you understand.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Alon Dan
Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Momma NaNa (10/17/2015)
That helps clarify for me too ... Thank you.  I share Alon's desire to create custom clothes ... I was hoping to simplify the process by using the bases that are available for earlier gen characters, but apparently that is not happening with the CC's. I got into DAZ and iClone so I could spend more time storytelling and less time making and rigging models

Hmm think we need a new label for this "iClone automatic conforming clothing"...
for ease of communication
iAutofit? iFit? lol
Anyway...
Most people can't wait to find out the details on CC Pipeline
Will there be some basic rigging involved?
Will it be even more automated than Daz Studio Autofit?
Etc etc...
In the mean time... If you need clothing fast
But still prefer some dynamics
you can also add dynamic movements to earlier gens clothing
by giving them soft body weight maps
G5 has tons of clothing for modification
G6 also has some clothing products in the marketplace
Lots of options...
Cheers

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Alon Dan (10/17/2015)

THIS IS MY 
(stupid but creative)  IDEA:
So... based on these Dummy Arrows (Pins)...  here is the recipe I want you to help me COOK: (because I don't know how)
1 - I can create a simple .OBJ in the shape I want + UV (for Grayscale weight mapping) as the original cloth.
2 - If I can CREATE my own Dummy Arrows (Pins) and decide where each one will be placed on this .OBJ (the cloth)
I said "IF" because I don't know how to create these, and if it's possible at all... iClone? 3DXchange? how do I make them, position them (rig the cloth basically).  if you can explain this or EVEN BETTER show a video-tutorial how it's done, we may get into something very creative here! just bear with me... Wink
3 - Basically If I can create a soft-cloth from a basic .OBJ, put the pins on specific parts of it, add as many pins as I need, placing them whenever I need...  than LINK to the bones that make sense on the CC character (like I did with the cape)
The Result will be: ORIGINAL CLOTH DESIGN

LOL I posted my reply to you as you're posting this
Anyway
So, yes, do explore the soft physics
IClone6's (very well implemented) soft body physics clothing and hair is the main reason I came back here Smile

You've probably seen these already, but just in case...

Alon Dan
Alon Dan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago

LOL I posted my reply to you as you're posting this
Anyway
So, yes, do explore the soft physics
IClone6's (very well implemented) soft body physics clothing and hair is the main reason I came back here Smile 

LOL! yes I saw your reply after I post mine it was cool and funny! BigGrin
Yup, I've seen these videos, but the problem is that they are not covering or explain how to create and control the Dummy Arrows so... I'm still a bit in the dark related to this curious "theory" of mine.
BTW - by contol the Dummy Arrows, I mean setting them up on a new .OBJ  (animating them is simple as any prop).

I'm still trying to understand how to do this.
Edited
9 Years Ago by Alon Dan
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Those arrows are a complete mystery. I cannot find anything about vertex pinning in PhysX.

The method we do know is to use a grayscale map where black is "pinned" and white is physics. You can use this on non-rigged cloth like the cape, but it does not allow setting separate points to separate bones of the avatar.

I've been curious about the pinning for a while. It is not explained by RL.

IClone 5 had a different physics system (bullet) that did use pins, but the pins in iC6 are running in PhysX.

Back to clothing:

If you want to clothe your avatars in your own clothing, you need to rig and weight the clothing. I'm hoping the CC Pipeline will have a feature to transfer vertex group and weight information from the avatar to the clothing. I know Blender (and the expensive programs) have this capability.
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
rampa (10/17/2015)

Back to clothing:

If you want to clothe your avatars in your own clothing, you need to rig and weight the clothing. I'm hoping the CC Pipeline will have a feature to transfer vertex group and weight information from the avatar to the clothing. I know Blender (and the expensive programs) have this capability.

This is not necessarily true.  You can in fact weight map a cloth inside iClone to make it work, whether it is externally skinned or not.  This cloth seen here has no Rigging or external weighing of cloth done to it before import.  No pipeline needed.

It just takes a bit of patience and trials to do it.  

We just don't want to steer people in the wrong direction with unsubstantiated statements, do we?

Contrary to what you may have heard or read.

The KEY is in the reading and understanding of the UV.  The UV shown here is actually upside down, which you will find does happen on a lot of models.. but it started as a prop and was "attached" as an accessory to the Character Creator model shown.  

So I'll repeat the title of this video clip:  "No External Weights or Skinning Required for CC Accessories"

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
9 Years Ago by Cricky
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Apples and oranges Cricky. Wink That's a prop. But it is a good solution in some cases.

Reading This Topic