Profile Picture

layer editor

Posted By rgnoble 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rgnoble
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Can anyone tell me how to attach a prop to a character using the layer editor.  The help file is horrible. 
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
You don't use the Layer Editor to attach a prop.  You use the "attach" button in the top tool bar.  It's also available in the Character Composer.

http://manual.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_Animator_2/ENU/Pipeline/05_Scene/Using_Attach_Feature.htm
http://manual.reallusion.com/CrazyTalk_Animator_2/ENU/Pipeline/08_Animation/Attaching_Accessories_to_a_Face.htm

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If you want a prop to be able to be layered within a Characters layers then the prop needs to be added to the Character in the Composer mode.
Then using the Layer Editor you can move it behind and in front of the various parts of the character.
With a prop added to a Character in Composer mode it will always be "Attached" to some body part. Default is typically a hand.
Use the Attached button in Composer mode to move the attachment to any body part.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I don;t remember if this is an issue in CTA2, but I remember from CTA1, the prop itself had to have an absolute key of 0, 0, 0 in order to be positioned correctly when attachng to a character.  Even the props directly from RL had to have this done, which was kind of a PITA...  Being the prop to the stage, open the absolute key dialog and set it to 0, 0, 0 for all 3 axis, then re-save the prop (which would now be a custom prop, thus a duplicate).  Then you could drag into the composer and attach without any untoward side effects.

So if you attach a prop in the composer without doing this, it may appear correctly but if you exit the composer back to the stage, and you're using an orthographic camera view, the prop will not be aligned properly on your character.

Just an FYI in case things go or appear wonky.
rgnoble
rgnoble
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)Senior Member (282 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Many thanks for the help.  When I attach a prop to the character in the character composer, then go back to the stage the sizing of the object changes.  Thanks again for the help, I will try the 0, 0, 0 and see if that helps.  

Reading This Topic