neutral textlayouts

Posted By j.hesse 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
j.hesse
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
the given textlayouts in the sfx library are pretty good for funny Videos, but for serious and Business use there is only one text layout "subtitle / subtitle White.
It would be great to create simple elements like text and simple geometry forms freely directly on the stage without using a limited prop or sfx for that. Smile
The text Editor is pretty limited for long text, i wish it would have some more options for customizing text layout. Smile
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
There is nothing preventing you from adding whatever text, whatever length in whatever free form shape you require in a graphics application, and import as a prop.  This is a 2D character animatioin system, and as such many of the things you're looking for aren't included, and most likely will not be included because it's focus is 2D character animation.

BTW, I'm assuming you mean for this in CrazyTalk Animator seeing as CrazyTalk itself has no text functions at all... If my assumption is incorrect, I apologize...
Figment
Figment
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)Veteran Member (989 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I agree with j.hesse , in addition to using CTA2 for personal use, I also use it to produce explainer videos for my day job.
I have a requirement to include accessibility, and bilingual (English and French).  For accessibility I have to include sub-titles for the hearing impaired.  For variety for the viewer I will alternate between using text bubbles and subtitles.  Using the built-in text features allow me the control I need to manage the flow of information, also, when converting to French it's a simple matter of copy and paste of the translated text into the space of the English.  So simple and quick!  The biggest hurdle for me is how CTA manages the speech bubble.  When resizing the bubble it would be very handy to have the choice of container only, or container and text both.  I have noticed that the text option seems to increase the file size A LOT!  If you have a lot of lines of text it sometimes takes the program a few seconds to respond to your change requests.

Creating props is an option, and if you are using DrawPlus it's actually quite straightforward, but it adds a couple of extra steps to the process.  Some of my videos are in excess of 3 mins.  At a possible 120 words/min, that's a lot of text to manage.

We are likely using the program for something it wasn't designed for, and if that's the case I'll adapt.  BUT, if we've exposed an opportunity for RL maybe they can build some features, or a feature pack that will make the program explainer/training video friendly.
Edited
9 Years Ago by Figment

Reading This Topic