Does mocap plugin supports Xbox ONE kinect

Posted By Bawazeer26 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Bawazeer26
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)Veteran Member (625 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I know that the mocap plugin supports xbox 360 kinect and kinect for windowsWhat about Xbox One kinect? Is supported yet? Will it work?I already have the adapter, but I'm not sure whether to buy xbox 360 kinect or Xbox one KinectI have iClone 5 Pro
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Not yet but support for the Kinect For Xbox One (with PC adapter) is coming a little later in this 4th quarter. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Will it support more than one actor? I know the device can track more than one, but will the iClone plugin be able to?
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Bawazeer26 (10/7/2015)
I know that the mocap plugin supports xbox 360 kinect and kinect for windowsWhat about Xbox One kinect? Is supported yet? Will it work?I already have the adapter, but I'm not sure whether to buy xbox 360 kinect or Xbox one KinectI have iClone 5 Pro

MS have stopped selling the Kinect 1, so the Kinect V2 is all you can get for a reasonable cost anyway (you can still find some Kinect 1's but they are ridiculously priced).  As RL has stated, support for the new Kinect (note that it's called Kinect V2 and NOT XBox One Kinect, because they don't want to confuse it with the first edition of Kinect) is coming Real Soon Now (he's saying sometime this fourth quarter but I still think that's optimistic -- hell, we're rapidly approaching the middle of this quarter.  Unless they are currently in beta and very advanced beta, I don't suppose we'll see it until early next year.  But I'd love to be wrong).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
friederike
friederike
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (817 reputation)Veteran Member (817 reputation)Veteran Member (817 reputation)Veteran Member (817 reputation)Veteran Member (817 reputation)Veteran Member (817 reputation)Veteran Member (817 reputation)Veteran Member (817 reputation)Veteran Member (817 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Kelleytoons (10/8/2015)
Bawazeer26 (10/7/2015)

MS have stopped selling the Kinect 1, so the Kinect V2 is all you can get for a reasonable cost anyway (you can still find some Kinect 1's but they are ridiculously priced).  As RL has stated, support for the new Kinect (note that it's called Kinect V2 and NOT XBox One Kinect, because they don't want to confuse it with the first edition of Kinect) is coming Real Soon Now (he's saying sometime this fourth quarter but I still think that's optimistic -- hell, we're rapidly approaching the middle of this quarter.  Unless they are currently in beta and very advanced beta, I don't suppose we'll see it until early next year.  But I'd love to be wrong).

Waiting for the updated plugin!
Can you tell me, when the plugin will be availible? Is there any soon progress?
Thanks
Friederike

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Kelleytoons (10/8/2015)

Actually this is not quite correct. Microsoft have now also discontinued the Kinect For Windows v2 and now only sells the Kinect For Xbox One (with PC Adapter) as both versions are identical. We will support the "Kinect For Xbox One" or "Kinect For Windows v2" hopefully before the end of this month now. The new version of the Mocap Device Plugin will require iClone 6.21 Pro, Windows 8/8.1 64bit or higher and full support for DirectX 11. It will not work with iClone 5 unfortunately.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Peter (RL) (10/21/2015)
 The new version of the Mocap Device Plugin will require iClone 6.21 Pro, Windows 8/8.1 64bit or higher and full support for DirectX 11. It will not work with iClone 5 unfortunately.

That doesn't appear to jive with what you have posted on release of this plugin today:

http://faq.reallusion.com/index.php?action=article&cat_id=011001007006&id=743&lang=

According to that chart, you are still supporting iClone 5 as well as the old device (the old Kinect, which IS still referred to as Kinect 1 around the web as opposed to Kinect V2).  It also appears you are still supporting Win 7 with that earlier hardware (my guess is that perhaps the new plugin won't work with the new hardware but you are still selling/carrying the old plugin).

So either your chart is wrong or there is some confusion on the part of RL that ought to be cleared up (since a lot of folks have the older hardware).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Edited
9 Years Ago by Kelleytoons
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Kelleytoons (10/27/2015)
Peter (RL) (10/21/2015)
 The new version of the Mocap Device Plugin will require iClone 6.21 Pro, Windows 8/8.1 64bit or higher and full support for DirectX 11. It will not work with iClone 5 unfortunately.

That doesn't appear to jive with what you have posted on release of this plugin today:

http://faq.reallusion.com/index.php?action=article&cat_id=011001007006&id=743&lang=

According to that chart, you are still supporting iClone 5 as well as the old device (the old Kinect, which IS still referred to as Kinect 1 around the web as opposed to Kinect V2).  It also appears you are still supporting Win 7 with that earlier hardware (my guess is that perhaps the new plugin won't work with the new hardware but you are still selling/carrying the old plugin).

So either your chart is wrong or there is some confusion on the part of RL that ought to be cleared up (since a lot of folks have the older hardware).

The old version of the Mocap Device Plugin will still be available for those using iClone 5/6 with Kinect For Windows v1 and Kinect For Xbox 360.

However the NEW Mocap Device Plugin for Kinect For Xbox One requires iClone 6.21 Pro, Windows 8/8.1 or Windows 10 64bit and will not work with iClone 5 as I stated previously. Apologies but I don't see the error in that statement or the chart.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter,

If you look at the other thread (where the new plugin is announced) you'll see where this confusion lies.  By announcing this plugin but then saying there are just three different installers for it, you give the impression it's the SAME plugin, when clearly it is not.  There are two very separate plugins, and I think it's a disservice to your customer base not to make this crystal clear (even if it means you have to call them two separate things and, more importantly, put there in two different places).

But I see the problem for RL -- you are going to continue to offer support for the older device even for those of us who buy the "new" plugin for our new hardware.  Which I guess is somewhat comendable but not really necessary.  Is anyone with a new device REALLY going to want to have the old plugin?  I can't imagine any scenerio under which anyone would want to use both of them.  So it would at least clear up a lot of confusion if you offered them as two distinct paths.  But that's just my take on it (in the meantime you really ought to answer the questions over on that other thread of folks who ARE confused, as I was).

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
Kelleytoons
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here's an example of what I mean, Peter.  The thread is entitled: Kinect Mocap Plug-in (XBox One/360/Windows) - New Release

That more than implies this new release is for ALL versions of the Kinect.  So my question is: does the new plugin have new features for the older hardware or not?  IOW, is it also a NEW plugin for the older hardware, or are you just still supporting the old hardware with the old plugin (as you stated here on this thread).  Admittedly I'm an old man, but with 30 years in IT and work in PR I have to say I'm still confused by what is what here, and so are a lot of other folks.

Mike "ex-genius" Kelley

Reading This Topic