Adding Custom Animation to Presentation Templates Issue

Posted By selfb2 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
selfb2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Using the Presenation templates for CTA2 and specifically the "Enter" animation, whenever I attempt to add custom animation to the end, it messes up the video. If I try to get the character to wave, no matter where in the video I do this, it automatically instantly places him back behind the door. If I try to get him to turn in any direction, it shrinks the character. Any ideas on how to rectify this?
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
What do you mean by presentation templates?  Is this a content pack?
selfb2
selfb2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)Veteran Member (550 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Hey.

Yeah, its part of this package that I purchased:

http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/promo/CTA2_G2PowerTools_V2/
jlittle
This post has been flagged as an answer
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I believe the problem is that the Enter animation is not an in-place animation.
An in-place animation would be a walk (Walk_Happy) cycle where the character goes thru the motions of the walk but does not move.
The Enter animation actually moves the character thus offsetting the character from it's origin.

If you run the animation to it's end. then cycle thru all the angles you will see the character moving in a circle around the characters origin (i.e. pivot, the grey dot).

You can right click on the clip and select "Reset Pivot" which will remove the all offsets and make it an in-place animation.
To make it look right again you will have to manually move the characters position as needed to make the animation look like it was originally.
Then at the end of the animation the characters origin will have no offset and you can continue adding your animations without a problem.

Or, you have to move the character (in X,Y & Z directions) at the beginning of your next clip to the match the same position as the character at the end of the Enter clip.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic