iClone and 3dExchange 5.5

Posted By cosmicjoe 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cosmicjoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
     Cosmicjoe here, totally new to the world of Reallusion.  I've been an end user of Daz, Lightwave, Vue and a few others for sometime now.  Been looking at iClone much of recent to add to my creative pipeline.  One issue is that I'm a dinasour in terms of my os (win xp pro), though I will be doing some major upgrades in both software and hardware by this time next year.  But for now I would very much like to delve into iClone and 3dExchange in unison with my Daz characters. 
     I believe I'm correct in seeing that iClone 5 and 3dExchange 5 will both work with xp 64 bit os.  What about the 5.5v of both?  And can anyone quote me a current general price range for both as the Reallusion site understandably places most of its focus on iC6 now.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
cosmicjoe

colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

cosmicjoe (10/5/2015)
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,
     Cosmicjoe here, totally new to the world of Reallusion.  I've been an end user of Daz, Lightwave, Vue and a few others for sometime now.  Been looking at iClone much of recent to add to my creative pipeline.  One issue is that I'm a dinasour in terms of my os (win xp pro), though I will be doing some major upgrades in both software and hardware by this time next year.  But for now I would very much like to delve into iClone and 3dExchange in unison with my Daz characters. 
     I believe I'm correct in seeing that iClone 5 and 3dExchange 5 will both work with xp 64 bit os.  What about the 5.5v of both?  And can anyone quote me a current general price range for both as the Reallusion site understandably places most of its focus on iC6 now.

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
cosmicjoe

Welcome to the Forum Smile
iC5.5 & 3DXchange 5.5 are the last Versions (Updates) of iC5. I have both, that functioned on XP32Bit Home & now W764Bit Home Premium. Both are no longer for sale by Reallusion. However there might be new 5.5 copies for sale on eg; Amazon, for a knocked-down price. . 

W8 & 10 are a disaster. W7 is supported until 2020. 

IC6 has an awful black User Interface with awful workflow & requires a High-end GPU. A completely different Program &  no good for iC beginners, IMO. You're better off with iC5.5 that has a number of User-made Tutorials, for iClone beginners. Reallusion 5.5 User Manuals & Video Tutorials might no longer be available. I have them all downloaded to my PC.

iC great Program, but pretty awful Reallusion documentation, Video Tuts & support. 

Anyone-else? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cosmicjoe
cosmicjoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)Veteran Member (729 reputation)

Hey Tutor,
     I sincerely appreciate your reply.  I kinda' thought as much about the availability of 5.0 to 5.5, seeing as there isn't alot in reference to either one on Reallusion's site.  I did see on amazon iClone 5.0 available for sale but nothing yet on 3dExchange. I'll continue to look though. 
     Hey, thanks again for your feedback.  Been very helpful to me indeed.
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

I did see on amazon iClone 5.0

You need 5.5. 5,0 is useless.. Took 14 updates to get it working ok.

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

Edited
9 Years Ago by colour
cosmicjoe
cosmicjoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Hey there Tutor,
     I understand to a degree what you're trying to tell me about 5.0 verses 5.5 but unfortunately I may have no choice in terms of getting myself at least somewhat familiar with the product at all.  As I stated before, I won't be in the position for any major upgrades (software or hardware) until around this time next year.
But I would very much like to delve into the package now.  As far as version 5.5 goes, I'm finding it difficult enough to locate a new copy of 5.0 anywhere on line let alone 5.5.  The same goes for 3dXchange.  Since both are deemed so old a versions, my choices appear limited indeed.  I've worked with older versions of other 3d packages before due to limited resources and still gotten plenty of effectiveness out of them.
     I'm curious though as to why you feel 5.0 was useless.

Thanks,
cosmicjoe 
Grimhilda
Grimhilda
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Hi Cosmicjoe,
If it wasn't for the fact that your hardware needs upgrading, I would advise that moving to Iclone6 is the best way to get the most from what Reallusion has created.

I only ever played around with previous versions, making fun clips and learning new things.  And, because I'm too busy with other things, I've scarcely used Iclone6 since I got it nine months ago.  I needed a new computer to use it and I would have resisted but for the fact that my old computer decided to die.

I don't want to speak for Colour, but I think he's pointing to the fact that, in the lifetime of Iclone 5 onwards, a number of updates and patches needed to be released.  Something of the same process has been happening with Iclone6,so I'm not in any hurry to use it more.  But I can say that it is an excellent program and the Character Creator improves things even more.

A possible option that you might try exploring is to scan the web pages of 3d magazines (3d Artist, 3d World) because I'm (almost) sure that Iclone4 pro and 3dXchange 4 pro were given free earlier in the year in one of them.  If I'm correct, you would need to find a back issue but you would also need to verify the cut-off date for registering.  Iclone 4 doesn't allow import of Genesis characters but was a nice program.  There was also a book written on how to use it.

Reading This Topic