Profile Picture

Can't find the maps folders for CC Learning Bundle

Posted By aswad3 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
aswad3
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hello

This video explains how to ad decals: https://youtu.be/5RjMTpB0Y1I .I have downloaded the learning essentials for the Character Creator and installed them after I installed the Creator and the 6.2 patch. When I start the Creator, I can see the presets such as "Scar Male", but I can't find the maps for the decals. For example, the video shows some bandage decal, but I can't find it anywhere. The folders shown in the video are not on the drive. Where is all map stuff? Does anyone have the same problem?
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
https://youtu.be/5RjMTpB0Y1I 
This video looks interesting. I have a query.
Do these decals work if one removes the skin on the body and uses plain colour for the skin colour ( Like Toon Shading ) ?
Does CC have a facility to use plain colour for the body tone like in ICLONE ?
wires
This post has been flagged as an answer
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
aswad3 (9/27/2015)
Hello

This video explains how to ad decals: https://youtu.be/5RjMTpB0Y1I .I have downloaded the learning essentials for the Character Creator and installed them after I installed the Creator and the 6.2 patch. When I start the Creator, I can see the presets such as "Scar Male", but I can't find the maps for the decals. For example, the video shows some bandage decal, but I can't find it anywhere. The folders shown in the video are not on the drive. Where is all map stuff? Does anyone have the same problem?

The files are included in the "CC_Essential_Learning_Resource.zip" file that is part of the CC Essential Complete Bundle. When you unzip this file you should have a folder - CC Essential Learning Resource - with 3 sub-folders inside. These are named:

1. Character Creator - Design Guides
2. Customizing Character Creator - Cybernetic
3. CC Essential Morphs & Skin - Custom Texture

The last folder contains the files shown in the video.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
prabhatM (9/27/2015)
Do these decals work if one removes the skin on the body and uses plain colour for the skin colour ( Like Toon Shading ) ?

The decals can be applied using any diffuse on the body.
A plain colour, or any other material, can be used for the skin.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
prabhatM (9/27/2015)

You can do this. But you cannot remove the skin directly. Instead, in the "body base" and "head base" section you replace the diffuse with a solid color image. I used white, as you can then use the various adjustments to make that any color you want. Set the normals to zero for a really smooth look. Loading the white image in the normals will not give you what you want. I suppose purple might, but its better to just set the slider for normals to zero.

Freckles, tan, etc. also need to be removed. Only leave your decals that you want. You can even set your material to reflective/refractive if you want. Disable the specular channel for this to work, though.

I left the eyebrows, scalp, and eyes. Note the band-aid and tattoo were added as decals.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8b789218-b7cc-4057-83ca-93d3.jpg
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you Rampa. That was helpful.
One small clarification.
As I notice the lips have also become the same as the skin colour. Can one assign different colour to the lips ?
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
aswad3
aswad3
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)Senior Member (349 reputation)

Thanks Liquid Stone

I completely forgot there was a separate email with the link to the zip file. The installer provided through the "Account" options only installs the presets. Found that email and the link to the zip.

Cheers
aswad3
aswad3
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

On a different note, the bundle does not include any presets for creating kid avatars - they are all adults. Has anyone managed to create a kid using the morph provided?
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
prabhatM (9/27/2015)
Thank you Rampa. That was helpful.
One small clarification.
As I notice the lips have also become the same as the skin colour. Can one assign different colour to the lips ?

Sure can. I just turned them off! Wink Same goes for eyeliner, tan, freckles, wrinkles, etc.
aswad3
aswad3
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Here are 3 zombies -  just made. One on the left was morphed in CC and imported into iClone; the maps were edited in Paintshop.
The middle one was made entirely in CC. 
The one on the right is G5 Chuck deformed in iClone in Facial Features. The maps were Paintshopped.

Love the Character Creator, esp. now that I have found the missing zip with the Essential Learning bundle.
Edited
9 Years Ago by aswad3

Reading This Topic