Bug: Specifying Content As Bases

Posted By Lord Ashes 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Lord Ashes
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
There are a few bugs that I have observed when trying to set content as a base...

1. The availability of the "Is a Base" option seems to be limited by the content "Type". I have not gone through all selections but it seems that only "Actor" type allows the "Is a Base" to be checked.
    In my opinion, this is a bug. For example, Set | Prop should allow the "Is a Base" option because many props can changed significantly using Materials and thus it would be nice to be able to
    create Material content for such bases. Obvious props that can benefit from this is Real Wear clothing (clothing that is implemented as props) but other props can benefit from this too. Consider
    something like a vase. Such a prop could easily be provided as a plain base with user creating custom Material content to make specific vases.

2. When the content type is "Actor" such as Actor | Standard Human, the "Is a Base" becomes available to be checked and unchecked. When checked, the "Base Type" provides "G2 Character, C3 Character, G5 Character, Creature Base, Non-Standard Human Base, Props and Accessories" selections. There does not seem to be a selection for "G6 Character" or "CC Character".

3. When the content type is "Actor" such as Actor | Accessories, the "Is a Base" becomes available to be checked and unchecked. When checked, the "Base Type" provides "G2 Character, C3 Character, G5 Character, Creature Base, Non-Standard Human Base, Props and Accessories" selections. The problem is that a sub-selection is required for any of these selections (or the changes won't save) but the "Props" and "Accessories" selections don't have any sub-selection and thus they are not usable (as far as I can see).

(I did not see a thread for Marketplace Bugs,so I posted this post here. If this is not the correct place, please let me know and feel free to move this post to the correct location)

"We often compare ourselves to the U.S. and often they come out the best, but they only have the right to bear arms while we have the right to bare breasts"
Bowser and Blue, Busting The Breast

Reading This Topic