Character Creator Publishing from Bases

Posted By KaiD 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
KaiD
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Year
Hi all!

We're nearly ready for the inevitable influx of Character Creator (CC) characters that will be published on the Marketplace once we upgrade our mechanism and EULA to accommodate this new type of content.  Thanks for your patience in bearing with us!  

Just a quick note for those of you who are already creating outfits from our clothing bases available in the CC Essentials pack.  If you're using any of the 'Plain Base' content, you will unfortunately need to reproduce those items once again after a new patch is released next week.  It turns out that with the current version of CC, there are issues with incorrect derivative assignment.  Therefore, we need to patch the program in order for these items to be correctly assigned to their relevant bases when they are published in the Marketplace.  We are working hard to get this fixed, and apologize to any of you who have already created derivative materials from these bases.  

If you need any clarification, feel free to give me a shout at kai@reallusion.com.  

Cheers!
Kai 
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Hi Kai
Question for you.
What if a CC Character has been taken into max. A new cloth has been created more morphs have been created and the eyes look at have been fixed.
Now this Character comes into 3Dx6 pipeline as a non std character. So visemes etc have to be sorted recreated.
Can this character now be put in a store as non std with facial features as was the case with Mason Heidi and G5 Characters ???

Any information would help.

Duchess Designs Store 

KaiD
KaiD
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Hey Duchess, you're certainly able to do what you mentioned with any embedded iClone content such as Mason, Heidi, or any of the content that comes with the free version of Character Creator.  However when it comes to base content from our for-sale content packs, we request that when you publish any derivative content that you refer to the original base content.  Re-import and re-sale of content pack content to lose the original DRM is not allowed.

Character Creator packs are still under discussion in regards to this regulation for the future, however for the time being we'd appreciate if our developers follow these current guidelines.

Also, I wanted to mention more specifically from my last post that this issue currently only affects those with the Export License version of the Character Creator Essential pack.
doubledutch
doubledutch
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Do i understand well we got an update for the program self?
So CC version 1.2 to another?
duchess110
duchess110
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.2K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thank you for the reply Kai.

Firstly I do have the export licence of the Essentials Pack but I have been a Developer for long enough now to know that using them on a return trip to iClone
through Exchange would be a big NO  NO.

I was more interested in you clarifying that if I created a Character in CC from the free base character it was good to go.

My character was created using the default female that open in the programme. All the adjustments body face etc were created using only the default sliders and none of the
Essential morph sliders. Reason for not using the Essential sliders  was again me being cautious about using anything that was related to the word Essential.
Also no Cloth was applied just the nude version as I wanted to create my own cloth.

So now I know that I can put my Character in the Marketplace with my own new cloth without any worries because 3dxChange Pipeline only recognises it as a Non Standard Character
and cannot be taken into Character Creator via iClone.

Duchess Designs Store 

KaiD
KaiD
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

From the sounds of it, you're good to go!  All of the default and embedded content (CC free version included) is free game when it comes to republishing your own stuff.  The only restriction on default/embedded content is that you're strictly prohibited from selling it in external online marketplaces.  Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!  

@ doubledutch - We don't have any CC patches planned for the time being, but there will definitely be lots and lots of awesome updates in the future! Smile
JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Looking for this feature:

It's really about being able to use our own custom-made content.  Most important!  Smile

And what about additional clothing styles?  Business, Military, Sci-fi, Fantasy...  Can't really say "Generate Unlimited Characters" if you can't really generate unlimited characters...

Edited
9 Years Ago by JC Weatherby

Reading This Topic