Profile Picture

Best method to mix Crazytalk 7 with screenshots of desktop application for a tutorial

Posted By tomd_98 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Best method to mix Crazytalk 7 with screenshots of desktop application...

Author
tomd_98
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi

We plan on using Crazytalk 7 for a series of tutorial "how-to" videos involving another desktop application.
This would involve using Crazytalk7 for audio/visual avatar, and screengrabs of the application in question

What would be the best method of doing so?
 Is it possible to add screenshots to the timeline of the project and export as video?
 - or would it be best to use the Interactive Plugin for a Unity powered web-based slideshow?
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
If it were me, I'd go ahead and make my CrazyTalk video as normal, and use a video editor or compositor (Premiere or AfterEffects) to add the screenshots.  The Unity plugin aspect might be workable, but since I really don't know much about the plugin or Unity, seems like a huge undertaking to get it done, whereas with just CT and a editor/compositor it'd be done in no time...
tomd_98
tomd_98
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)Senior Member (334 reputation)

Ahh ok thanks, yeah that sounds about right. I only really need the video editing software for this purpose alone,.. is there a cheap or free alternative to the Adobe software? Or would Adobe Premiere Elements do the trick? 
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I would imagine any video editor should be able to do this.  Just be sure in your CT project, to not include any background at all, export just the actor.  Or use a totally different colored background so it'll be easier to chroma-key out.
tomd_98
tomd_98
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

OK, thanks!
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Depends on what you want and what are you Unity skills
If you want it make more interactivity, i would prefer to go with Unity. The Unity Plugin is for use it in Unity !  In Unity you can then build an aplication in several formats e.g. WebGL, Unityplayer (but not playable in Chrome) Win or OS ...
If you only want a Movie you can use any  Videoeditor . Render the speaking actors in CT7 as footage with color backround for Chromakey. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

rgbii
rgbii
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Hitfilm has a free version called Express. It's mostly a special effects/compositing program, but does include an editor that will do what you want.
I use the pro version and really like it for composting.

https://hitfilm.com/express

----------------
rgbii.com

Reading This Topic