PROBLEM WITH 25/30 FRAME RATE

Posted By giannigodi 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
giannigodi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
iclone6 ver. 2.2
Gentlemen I have a problem:
In my project I have a relatively old movie file used to map a flat prop, plus one avatar.
VIDEO CODE: mpeg
Frame rate : 25/sec
Size: DVD format: 720x576 - european Std
Movie length: abt 7 minutes
In the RENDER windows I select the same frame size (720x 576)
In the FORMAT choice I tried to use, once at time, all the availabe 3 formats: AVI, MP4, WMV, 
obtaining the same result.   
 Apparently, in the RENDER windows I CAN NOT change the FRAME RATE , that is fixed at 30 FR/sec.
So it means that- in any case - the RENDERED movie will play at 30 FR/sec. This fact would not be 
a problem.
BUT...looking at the result you will notice a very bad fluidity of the original movie while the 
It seems that the transcode process from 25 to 30 FR/sec is causing the problem or what else?
Thank you for any help.
Gianni    

Edited
9 Years Ago by giannigodi
Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
@Gianni
Hello
Gianni, render it "uncompressed AVI" format.
Here you can choose to have 25 frames as a rate. In mpg4 and WMA the rate to 30 frames is fixed and can maybe be adjusted. "AVI uncompressed" would have to go in any case.
With friendly greetings from Germany
postfrosch

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
giannigodi
giannigodi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)Veteran Member (870 reputation)

Molte grazie Postfrosch! I am really happy.
My best regards!
Gianni

rgreenidge
rgreenidge
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Gianni, I had a problem in iC5 where the blades of the jet engine I bought on here appeared still, if I used 30 or 60 fps. I usually used mp4 files which didn't allow frame rate change. But just for that scene I used the uncompressed AVI format and used it @ 25 fps, and all the rest of the scenes at 30 fps using the MP4 format. I then took all my clips and placed them together in my video editor and had that output set to mp4 @ 30 fps. Now when I played the final video back, my fan blades appear spinning. AVI files are very big, and until iC 6.2 came out I had to render my clips in AVI files, because I found the mp4 video encoder for iC6 not acceptable for me. With the new one, I can go back to rendering in mp4. I had to buy a new Hard drive because AVI uncompressed files for my project would be over 3GB. I heard one guy had the same problems with his tank threads. Sometimes you have to use 25 fps to get some effects on here, but so far it is only available in AVI format here, and in Europe and other places 25/50 fps is native. Reallusion has done great things in the way I want to use iClone except wih the video encoder options. More frame rate options would be great under all formats in the future, and a higher quality mp4 format would work for me. I hope it happens soon (iC6.3?).  

Home built; ASRock X570 Pro 4, AMD Ryzen 9-5950X CPU, AMD RADEON RX6900XT, 16GB video card, 131GB of RAM.

giannigodi
giannigodi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

rgreenidge, thank you for the detailed explanation!
Gianni

Reading This Topic