Mapped bones must be under the hip bone

Posted By CFPro 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
CFPro
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello all and thanks in advance!
I have been able to map bones in 3dXchange to 4 models from an artist, however the 5th is giving me an error message: "All mapped bones must be under the hip bone."
It seems that because of this I can't select the Convert button. Also for some reason I can't map the eyes.
Anyone else had this issue?
Thanks very much.
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
1st question back is : Where did the Model originate?  
To answer your question: Yes it has happened to me and others.  It does depend on the source model on what needs to be corrected to solve the issue.
If it originated in DAZ, for instance, make sure all clothing/parts are parented to the base model.

CMPEast (9/15/2015)
Hello all and thanks in advance!
I have been able to map bones in 3dXchange to 4 models from an artist, however the 5th is giving me an error message: "All mapped bones must be under the hip bone."
It seems that because of this I can't select the Convert button. Also for some reason I can't map the eyes.
Anyone else had this issue?
Thanks very much.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Sometimes they can be fixed if it's DAZ/Poser and a model missing bones like an animal in DAZ studio by adding bones with the bone tool that are not actually used and altering the Heirachy, if jan FBX from another program Blender may be your best bet. For doing a similar thing, I just do not know how.
Some models have a root bone above the hip you can use instead of a hip.

CFPro
CFPro
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)Veteran Member (538 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thanks everyone!. I was using a model provided to me. Once I highlighted the difference in bone structure comparing working models with the problematic one, the artist was able to correct it. Thanks again for the helpful information.

Reading This Topic