Posted By Alien Maniac 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem.png
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi guys,
Well, Windows 10 is out. BUT I have discovered after ONE MONTH extensive testing with Microsoft Techs and others that Samsung SSD drives use install programs by Clonix. The problem is that Clonix is not for Win 10 as yet and Samsung is not advising anyone. This will cause you so many problems AND may lock your keyboard with Win 10. I am in contact with management of Clonix and they say very soon they will have the updated software.

I am in the process of communication with Samsung and Microsoft. Also, be advised that none of the retail SSD (Samsung) sellers are aware of this problem and are still selling them to customers.

So all I can say is BEWARE of installing a Samsung SSD on Win 10.....DO NOT DO IT
I will keep you advised of the situation as I go forward with this. PASS THE INFO to everyone.

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
wow,  that's crazy...thanks for the heads up.  I'm really shocked at how much microsoft is aggressively pushing windows 10 with so many critical errors.

Bellatrix
Bellatrix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks. All my 3 SSDs are Samsung.
Maybe this is why my win8 cintiq got win10 notice, yet my win7 desktop still hasn't.

>>> Indie Generalist modeler-rigger-animator <<< Hardware: AlienWare i7-HK 32G GTX1080 2T-SSDs BenqSW320 Wacom-Intuous 3Dconnexion ||| Software: IC6 Pipeline - CTA3 Pipeline - ATK2 - Indigo ||| Zbrush4R8. Blender 2.79. DazStudio 4.9. Carrara. Poser. Octane.

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

UPDATE

I have been in direct contact with Microsoft management about this problem. They have advised their engineers for testing this problem and Upper management to contact Samsung and Clonix software. In Progress

Also, on the lighter side from MS Windows........the drivers for Win 10 will be coming out hopefully in Oct or later (Nov).

Samsung? I have exhausted myself trying to make contact. The online chat worked but all I get is, go here, there and good luck. I stated that I got no answer on those numbers (friday)? She said try again ..... hu?  Wo is that the way to do business? NOPE. So I will leave it to MS and Clonix to work it out.

Sad that AN INDIVIDUAL user HAS TO FIND THEIR PROBLEMS and tell them. Wait until they get my BILL. I contacted an attorney and a possible class action lawsuit. They deserve it. MS has spent much time and cost for techs because of this problem not to mention the end users time and com crashes. I have indeed put this out on the news wire as a news reporter.....I hope Samsung likes the article and gets the message.....hehe  I do love their products but not their communication with users or their um so called support.

There is no way for me to advise worldwide retailers of this information except on the news wire....I Hope they get it and advise their buyers.
As I stated their SSD drives are good, just not the OS cloning/operating software. To use an SSD w/ Win 10 (w/o using the cloning/operating software) put your SSD drive in C slot, run Win 10 setup from an USB and it will work. It will install Win 10. Also from an ISO on a dvd drive. BUT it will format the SSD and you will have ONLY an OS (Win10) on it.

Hope this helps some of you from entering the door to Hell. LOL

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

I have a Samsung SSD I have utterly no intention of getting Win10 until everyone has Beta tested it

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Bray42 (9/11/2015)
Hi guys,
Well, Windows 10 is out. BUT I have discovered after ONE MONTH extensive testing with Microsoft Techs and others that Samsung SSD drives use install programs by Clonix. The problem is that Clonix is not for Win 10 as yet and Samsung is not advising anyone. This will cause you so many problems AND may lock your keyboard with Win 10. I am in contact with management of Clonix and they say very soon they will have the updated software.

I am in the process of communication with Samsung and Microsoft. Also, be advised that none of the retail SSD (Samsung) sellers are aware of this problem and are still selling them to customers.

So all I can say is BEWARE of installing a Samsung SSD on Win 10.....DO NOT DO IT
I will keep you advised of the situation as I go forward with this. PASS THE INFO to everyone.

Crikey! Thanks for the warning!... I do have a Samsung SSD already installed, so this would have crippled me. 

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

pinguintje
pinguintje
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

@Bray42
In the first week of August I have upgraded my PC from Windows7 to Windows10.
I have a Samsung SSD 830.
All my (old and new installed) programs work without problems.
Am I a lucky dog?

Best Regards,
Arie
RoGrie
RoGrie
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.1K reputation)

Hi,
migrate from windows 7/64 to windows 10/64 . The system runs stable sice 3 weeks. Using SDamsung SSD850 as a boot device
Regards
RoGrie

Shop: http://city.reallusion.com/store/rogrie
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Guys
Well the big tests are ongoing next week by MS Win team engineers and probably SS. It is strange that some systems work fine and others crash. I tried it on two MSi laptops and both crashed but I managed to save one of them. It is using W10 now and seems ok. whew. A month of super BS for sure. When W7Pro disks arrive I am putting in another (different) new SSD 500GB in the laptop w 32GB ram and install W7P to it from dvd....so "no cloning" the OS. 

I tried so hard to make contact with Samsung......nada. BUT MS will. So, I have decided to go back to Win 7 but an upgrade to Pro to run my 32GB ram. I hope that SS gets this fixed soon for others sake. I am sticking to W7Pro on my work laptop. Win10 is all bells and whistles and I do not need that to do my work with my RL software.

It is very odd that SS can  use a cloning software at all since the co that makes it has not provided one for W10 yet. Are they making their own? I think they call it ver 4.4 once updated online from the ver in the disk package. The provided software with SS SSDs is Clonix is ver 2 and the Win10 version is not ready yet for use according to the co managment. STRANGE. I wonder just what exactly is going on here. What is SS doing to the previous software?
SS sure gives users a big run around to get any support. Not good. Very frustrating and a waste of time.

Well if anyone does use SS SSDs and software to clone your OS ..... you have been warned. Be alert to this problem. And don't blame or think it is Win10.

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Is it safe to assume this only affects you if you use their "disk cloning utility?"  I expect if you di a fresh SSD installation from scratch, or us a different utility such as Acronis, you will be safe.  Does that sound right?

Most older software runs fine on the newer version of Windows, and that has normally been the case.  But "most" is not the same as "all," and that's what makes software and computer support so interesting.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic