Profile Picture

How to make a flat foot character (Daz) stand on their toes wearing high heels

Posted By ALLIEKATBLUE 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

How to make a flat foot character (Daz) stand on their toes wearing...

Author
ALLIEKATBLUE
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi, I am using Iclone 6 with Daz products. I would like to know how you bring a Daz character over in high heels.  I set the character up in Daz and apply the high heel foot pose and she looks fine until she gets into 3Dxchange. Now she's standing flat footed like the default T-pose. I noticed that Heidi is in heels and when I apply my dance animation from Daz she performs great in heels.  I tried to edit a Daz character using edit motion layer but her bones got all out of wack. When I brought down the opacity of Heidi's shoes to see the position of her feet she seems not to have toes, they seem to be positioned below the plane. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is apprecisted

Alliekatblue
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Bring it over like normal from DAZ;   See Image
Accept the default profile, and then Convert (Again) to Non-Standard Character.  
Take it out of active pose, and adjust the Foot and Toes to the right angles.  
Then Make it active again and it should stand on the floor properly.
Once adjusted, save the profile for a character in Heels.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/254fc81a-b953-4125-8f5e-bac2.jpg

ALLIEKATBLUE (9/5/2015)
Hi, I am using Iclone 6 with Daz products. I would like to know how you bring a Daz character over in high heels.  I set the character up in Daz and apply the high heel foot pose and she looks fine until she gets into 3Dxchange. Now she's standing flat footed like the default T-pose. I noticed that Heidi is in heels and when I apply my dance animation from Daz she performs great in heels.  I tried to edit a Daz character using edit motion layer but her bones got all out of wack. When I brought down the opacity of Heidi's shoes to see the position of her feet she seems not to have toes, they seem to be positioned below the plane. Does anyone have any suggestions? Any help is apprecisted

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Edited
9 Years Ago by Cricky
ALLIEKATBLUE
ALLIEKATBLUE
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)Senior Member (458 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Thanks love, this worked perfectly, now Genesis can get her dance on. I love your Youtube Channel.  Please consider doing some tutorials on the collision shape editor weight maps and soft cloth.  I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing with that even though I've watched Kai's tutorials and read the manual. My character's butt and thighs come through no matter what I do. Anyway, thanks for this

Alliekatblue
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Usually the Skin can poke through based on mainly the Collision Margin of the cloth from the Rigid Collision Shape objects on the character.  Sometimes a bit of adjustment to the Collision objects margin can help too, but I would start with the cloth and then adjust the Rigid parts second, to include their sizes inside the mesh.

Put the character in a standing Pose only and then see what the Cloth does.. If it works generally well, then try an animation sequence. 
When you want to see what it really looks like, make sure you do all the animation you expect to need (disregard the flaws at this point); Now go back to the beginning and record the Soft Cloth in "By-Frame mode by playing the sequence through (Note that the audio if used, will beat the animation in completion, but will play fine in real time).  
Once recorded, turn off the item Soft Cloth, as shown in my video concerning crashing a Car using Soft Cloth.  
The Cloth is baked, so you know it will remain the same throughout based on the "By-Frame" animation recorded. You can then view it in real time without recording over the soft cloth already baked.

Thanks for the Comment on my YouTube Channel..  Smile

ALLIEKATBLUE (9/5/2015)
Thanks love, this worked perfectly, now Genesis can get her dance on. I love your Youtube Channel.  Please consider doing some tutorials on the collision shape editor weight maps and soft cloth.  I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing with that even though I've watched Kai's tutorials and read the manual. My character's butt and thighs come through no matter what I do. Anyway, thanks for this

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "

Reading This Topic