Known Issues

Posted By Realtimer (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Realtimer (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
CC Essential Morphs and Skin

After installing the CC Essential Morphs and Skin content pack, a few of the morph sliders may be missing from the program. This is because the main Character Creator program is still running in the background during the installation of the content pack. To solve this issue, simply restart the Character Creator program and the missing sliders will show up after. 

Overlapping cloth meshes in Unity3D or Unreal

Characters created with the Character Creator, while wearing two or more layers of clothing, will display visual defects due to overlapping meshes when exported to Unreal or Unity3D, via 3DXchange 6. This is because normally when inside iClone 6 or the Character Creator, the inner clothing layers are typically hidden, but will no longer be once exported out.

To workaround this issue, try:
  1. Selecting the outer clothing 
  2. Increasing the size 
  3. Calculate Collision
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bd615037-3e93-448a-a00f-0481.png

Transparent faces and clothing in Unity3D

Characters created with the Character Creator and exported to Unity3D, using 3DXchange 6 in FBX format, will display transparent faces and clothing. This is due to the extra opacity map that is included in the substance material.

Feet size and high heels

Characters with extra large feet will revert back to smaller feet after wearing and removing high heels.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/dc6c407f-cdb0-435b-bd4c-9daf.png

Character hand stuck to the body when performing animation

Base female characters created with the Character Creator, and Natalie from iClone 6 PRO, might have their hands stuck inside their body when under certain poses during animation. This is because the default collision for the arm is turned-on.

To workaround this issue:
  1. Simply select the character under Modify panel
  2. Click Collision Shape button. 
  3. In the Character Collision Shape Editor, click on the arm
  4. Un-check “Activate Selected Part”, then repeat with the other arm.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/3920ebab-08cd-487f-be55-c04e.png
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
I found out that any morphs created by the appearance editor in the new character creation won't be exported by 3DXchange 6.2. That is using the characters included in the bundle. I'm curious why iClone sells an export license to their CC essentials bundle if you can't export neither the morphs nor the soft cloth.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Realtimer (RL)
Realtimer (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (21.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Last Week
ew407 (9/7/2015)
I found out that any morphs created by the appearance editor in the new character creation won't be exported by 3DXchange 6.2. That is using the characters included in the bundle. I'm curious why iClone sells an export license to their CC essentials bundle if you can't export neither the morphs nor the soft cloth.

You must be doing something wrong because they do export. The CC Essentials Bundle never promised soft-cloth physics. That is an iClone animation feature, not a CC Feature. 

GrandMasterMystic
GrandMasterMystic
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (605 reputation)Veteran Member (605 reputation)Veteran Member (605 reputation)Veteran Member (605 reputation)Veteran Member (605 reputation)Veteran Member (605 reputation)Veteran Member (605 reputation)Veteran Member (605 reputation)Veteran Member (605 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Question why is it that character creator does not work in Unity3d as showcased on your Youtube channel? I followed each step perfectly then when I imported my first character into Unity3d the character's body was all twisted up and in the air. This happened when I turned the character into a humanoid avatar for Unity's Mecanim System. Can't find any solution anywhere. Nothing but just bragging about how good the character creator is which it is a good software but still has a while to go before it can compete against DAZ Studio. By the way custom content should've been supported from the get go and not force us to rely on the casual clothing that you are overpricing us so no offense but don't be greedy like the way Autodesk has known to be and step your game up Reallusion because I would rather stick with you and DAZ then elsewhere if ya know what I mean.
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
argus1000 (9/7/2015)

The appearance editor is texture, not morph. So, for all those wrinkles, make sure you export your normal map.

Tarampa Studios
Tarampa Studios
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ok, How do we solve skin breaking through the clothes? 

Why is this *still* an issue with version 4? 

And why aren't the extra bundles free, since they are obviously still being beta tested too?

Grrrrrrrrrr 

Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1,  64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,  
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI 

TucsonDoobie
TucsonDoobie
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I just purchased the 10 Stylized Characters and one of them, "Boris", indicates "Trial"?  If I had known that one of the 10 I purchased was trial, I don't think I would have purchased it.  If that's the case, please refund my purchase as this is misrepresenting the product of 10 "complete" characters.  Thanks! ...dave
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d034e164-381e-4454-9cd7-4dac.png
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

quote]BeeFlowerPower (2/5/2016)
I just purchased the 10 Stylized Characters and one of them, "Boris", indicates "Trial"?  If I had known that one of the 10 I purchased was trial, I don't think I would have purchased it.  If that's the case, please refund my purchase as this is misrepresenting the product of 10 "complete" characters.  Thanks! ...dave[/quote]

Dave

Yo are ok - it is just because some of the characters make use of existing content/accessories from various other packs. If you delete the items (see below) the watermark will go. Alternatively you can purchase them

ote:Hairs (for Alethia & Bunny) : Hottest Hairstyles
Hairs & Beards (for Boris & Winston) : Party Fun
All Clothing : CC Essential & Fabrics
Davo's Wing : Monster Workshop
Davo's Belt : Toon Maker 

Edited
8 Years Ago by toonarama
TucsonDoobie
TucsonDoobie
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)Veteran Member (610 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
What? I can purchase them? Reallusion shows the figure as such in the AD.  If you don't have a disclaimer stating that not all characters come equipped as shown, then I would agree.  I don't remember being shown this disclosure, so Reallusion is wrong.  The AD then needs to be changed, otherwise you are misrepresenting the product as advertised. Since I bought it at face value, "as shown", then I expect those to be included.  Why would one character's accessories be excluded when one of them is not? The add should state: "Nine Characters and one Character with Trial accessories".  Don't get me wrong, your products are very good especially since the last update to both, so job well done.
toonarama
toonarama
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

I don't work for Reallusion and have been critical of some of their their marketing in the past but there are two clear disclaimers on the product page here:
http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/iclone/pack/Stylized-Character-Morphs/default.aspx
Edited
8 Years Ago by toonarama

Reading This Topic