Profile Picture

CC Essential Bundles - Clothing, Morph (2015/09)

Posted By Realtimer (RL) 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Ya gotta just love blind optimism...  RL: is a bit behind the times if this is where the future is going.  There really isn't anything new or innovative here.  The only "new" aspect of this is that it's part of iClone now. This "technology" (aka sliders and morphs) have existed for years already. All RL did was limit the assets that come with it, as a reason to force users to buy new content packs for it.  It's like when game manufacturers include day one DLC with a game... It's already there, already built, the user already paid for it per se, but the publisher hides it away and releases it as DLC.
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I found out that any morphs created by the appearance editor in the new character creation won't be exported by 3DXchange 6.2. That is using the characters included in the bundle. I'm curious why iClone sells an export license to their CC essentials bundle if you can't export neither the morphs nor the soft cloth.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Holden7
Holden7
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
ew407 (9/7/2015)
I found out that any morphs created by the appearance editor in the new character creation won't be exported by 3DXchange 6.2. That is using the characters included in the bundle. I'm curious why iClone sells an export license to their CC essentials bundle if you can't export neither the morphs nor the soft cloth.

Do you have the Pipeline version of 3Dxchange? If not, you'll need that in addition to the content's export license for export. (I haven't had a chance to try things out yet as I'm still using a DX9 video card.)
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.5K reputation)

Holden7 (9/8/2015)
ew407 (9/7/2015)

Do you have the Pipeline version of 3Dxchange? If not, you'll need that in addition to the content's export license for export. (I haven't had a chance to try things out yet as I'm still using a DX9 video card.)

Yes, I have the pipeline version. And no, I won't need to purchase an export license since I'm using the figures included in the character creation pack.

My latest movie THE GOLDEN MAN, and a few othershttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIl1EqVCKitZzLqaNnLK0BA
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
wizaerd (9/6/2015)
Peter (RL) (9/6/2015)
wizaerd (9/5/2015)
 It's RL's business model.  Give nothing, sell everything.

And yet the Character Creator is FREE which kinds of contradicts your argument. Whistling

Except without the Essentiqal Bundl;e, you'll get very little usage out of the CC.  Even your own marketing says so... "To get the most out of this,m you really need to get the essential bundle".  There should not have been an essential bundle, everything in that bundle should have come with the CC in the firrt place. So no, nothjing was contradicted.  It's like buying a car without any seats.  The car is free, but to get the most out of it, you'll probably want seats you can plut in there in order to use it. Who knows what the Pay version of this CC will be. I can't think of a single thing that should be charged for in it.

Hi Wizaerd,

Well I strongly disagree with your comment that "without the Essential Bundle, you'll get very little usage out of the CC".

I was lucky enough to have access to the Character Creator well before the Essentials bundle was ready and I got to create many different custom characters just using the content that comes embedded with the Creator. Of course you will get the most out of CC with the Essentials pack but that's just common sense. The more content you have the more you can do with it but that doesn't mean the CC is useless without the Essentials pack. The morph sliders available can keep you busy for many, many hours as you experiment to see the diverse range of characters that can be created.

I know you are mostly negative about all things Reallusion lately, but I would urge you to put that aside for a minute and spend some time with Character Creator and the video tutorials. I think you my be pleasantly surprised what you can do just with the base product and a little creativity. Wink

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Edited
9 Years Ago by Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

ew407 (9/7/2015)

Can you explain more about this problem and perhaps show a before and after comparison of the character.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue but if you create a character in CC by adjusting the morph sliders and then export from 3DXchange 6 Pipeline, your character should be exactly the same as it is in iClone or the Character Creator. Is this not happening for you?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Holden7
Holden7
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)Senior Member (396 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
ew407 (9/8/2015)
Holden7 (9/8/2015)
ew407 (9/7/2015)

Do you have the Pipeline version of 3Dxchange?

Yes, I have the pipeline version. And no, I won't need to purchase an export license since I'm using the figures included in the character creation pack.

Hmm. I think that the base and non-clothing essential morphs already include an embedded export license. So just a glitch somewhere for you? I've seen a render in Carrara that included CC content.
Edited
9 Years Ago by Holden7
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

wizaerd (9/7/2015)
Ya gotta just love blind optimism...  RL: is a bit behind the times if this is where the future is going.  There really isn't anything new or innovative here.  The only "new" aspect of this is that it's part of iClone now. This "technology" (aka sliders and morphs) have existed for years already. All RL did was limit the assets that come with it, as a reason to force users to buy new content packs for it.  It's like when game manufacturers include day one DLC with a game... It's already there, already built, the user already paid for it per se, but the publisher hides it away and releases it as DLC.

You have been on the forum a long time and while your posts are mostly negative I always considered you gave constructive criticism. However your recent posts are seriously coming over as trolling now which is very disappointing. I think you will agree that there are always pros and cons to all software but you only seem to be interested in the cons right now. Did you seriously not find anything good in the 6.2 update and the FREE Character Creator? If you did please share with us so my faith in mankind can be restored. BigGrin

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

argus1000
argus1000
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Can you explain more about this problem and perhaps show a before and after comparison of the character.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue but if you create a character in CC by adjusting the morph sliders and then export from 3DXchange 6 Pipeline, your character should be exactly the same as it is in iClone or the Character Creator. Is this not happening for you?

No, it's not. The morphs I create with the appearance editor (like forehead and cheeks strength, age and roughness don't EVEN show up in 3DXchange 6.2 pipeline. See pics. Also,
it could be worth it to try the experiment yourself to see the result first hand.
Also, https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/13054a5b-494d-4740-986f-b215.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/2a26d29e-c785-423e-a20b-f600.png

Edited
9 Years Ago by ew407
argus1000
argus1000
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

[Hmm. I think that the base and non-clothing essential morphs already include an embedded export license. So just a glitch somewhere for you? I've seen a render in Carrara that included CC content.

Does that render include morphs created with the the character creation appearance editor? Did you try to make a few facial aging morphs with the appearance editor and try to export it to 3DXchange 6.2 yourself? It might be worth it.

Edited
9 Years Ago by ew407

Reading This Topic