Profile Picture

A Unity Game that uses Crazytalk plugin and runs on the Window Platform, is it possible?!

Posted By AlaaSerry 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

A Unity Game that uses Crazytalk plugin and runs on the Window...

Author
AlaaSerry
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago

Hello,

I have been tryingfor some time to develop a simple proof-of-concept simple game to demonstratethat a Unity game using Crazytalk7 Unity plugin can run on the Windowsplatform. No luck so far!

When I contactedCrazytalk support team, it took them more than 10 days to get back to meindicating that it cannot be doneL

So here are myquestions:

• Haveany of you folks managed to develop a Unity game that uses Crazytalk Unityplugin for the Windows platform?

• Areyou aware of any such games or workaround?

• Doyou have any suggested alternatives?

Thank you kindly,

Alaa

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Because Unity is dropping their own plugin, and going WebGL, the CrazyTalk plugin will no longer be supported.  Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any alternatives.
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hello,I have been tryingfor some time to develop a simple proof-of-concept simple game to demonstratethat a Unity game using Crazytalk7 Unity plugin can run on the Windowsplatform. No luck so far!When I contactedCrazytalk support team, it took them more than 10 days to get back to meindicating that it cannot be doneLSo here are myquestions:Haveany of you folks managed to develop a Unity game that uses Crazytalk Unityplugin for the Windows platform?Areyou aware of any such games or workaround?Doyou have any suggested alternatives?Thank you kindly,Alaa

What do not work, Alaa ? can you  not compile as exe or what is  the problem ? Maybe you can us give more detail information . I have just tested with HTML5  and WinfdowPlattform it runs fine .

Because Unity is dropping their own plugin, and going WebGL, the CrazyTalk plugin will no longer be supported.  Unfortunately, I'm not aware of any alternatives.
Hi wizaerd , google has  translated for me ,   he want it  run on Window but it do not work for him.  
Also is the Crazy Talk Unity Plugin is still supported  What  you mean is the Unity Player, but that is another story 

The  Untiy Plugin works directly in Unity  and you can compile it in Unity for many Plattforms . It works great I'm happy I have it. Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanx vidi for the correction. I was indeed mistaken. Satisfied
AlaaSerry
AlaaSerry
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)Veteran Member (504 reputation)

@Liebe: CT7and its Unity plugin works fine in the Unity Editor. However, when I tried tobuild an executable targeting the Windows App store, I get tons of builderror!!

Let me knowif you were successful in building an executable targeting the Windows App storeplatform from a simple Unity project using CT7 and its Unity plugin. If that isthe case, then perhaps you may want to share your experience and a sampleproject.

Thank youkindly.

vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

AlaaSerry (8/30/2015)

@Liebe: CT7and its Unity plugin works fine in the Unity Editor. However, when I tried tobuild an executable targeting the Windows App store, I get tons of builderror!!

Let me knowif you were successful in building an executable targeting the Windows App storeplatform from a simple Unity project using CT7 and its Unity plugin. If that isthe case, then perhaps you may want to share your experience and a sampleproject.

Thank youkindly.

Ah, I see , you mean for Win Ap store build . Unfortunately I have not Window 8 or 10 . I can not compile with Win 7 .
Are you sure it comes from CT7 Plugin ? Maybe your WIN SDK are not correctly set. I had this with Android SDK with wrong path. After correct setting it was working . 
Important is to read and understand what the error message means.
Also you can put this error message in google search and maybe you can find a answer . often have User the same Problems and asked it already,  and got a Solution.

A note. your postings are very hard to read.
Black fonts to black Background is not readable.

liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
9 Years Ago by vidi
AlaaSerry
AlaaSerry
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks Vidi,

I have tons of stuff done using Windows 8.1 and 10.0. The problem is mainly with CT7 and its Unity plugin. I just wasted my money on a product that is compatible with Windows App!
Thanks again for feedback, just let me know if come across any Windows App that uses CT7 + its Unity plugin.
Alaa

AlaaSerry
AlaaSerry
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

is NOT compatible with Windows Apps .....
vidi
vidi
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That's too bad .
I hope RL read this and makes improvements to the plugin. It is so incredible nice. I have big fun to use it, but without compatibility to mobile device  the joy go away.

liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic