Getting 'Save Project Error.' when I try to save

Posted By rgbii 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rgbii
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I'm using the latest version of CTA2.
I have a reasonably simple project file with no scene, but 6 actors and two props. No animation. I'm simply creating the characters I'll be using for a project I'm starting.
After creating each character, I've been saving the project. After finishing the 6th character, when I tried to save, all the characters turned blue, and I get 'Save Project Error.'
I've tried saving it to different filenames, and to different drives (none of which are full).
I still have CTA2 open.
Any idea what's going on?  Any suggestions on how to fix this and save the project?
I've been saving to the same project file each time. Anyone know if this would have corrupt the project file, or maybe I have at least the first five characters still in that file.

Thanks,
Richard.

----------------
rgbii.com
rgbii
rgbii
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

An update.
As I mentioned, after trying to save, but before the error, all the characters changed to blue.  I don't really use render styles, but they looked like they where all changed to monochrome.  I selected a character and tried to change it to default, but nothing happened. I clicked undo, and all six characters changed back to normal and I was able to save the project.
Very strange. Whatever happened apparently was in the history enough to be undone.
So far, it seems to be able to open the file just fine, so hopefully it's not corrupt.

----------------
rgbii.com
rgbii
rgbii
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

This continues to be a problem. Yesterday it happened at least 10 times, and it's happened three times this evening.
Don't have a clue what's causing it.
With the exception of once, at least one item turns blue (RS monochrome) and I get the error 'Save Project Error' and it can't save the project.
Best I can tell, everything that supports RS turns blue, and everything else keeps it's normal colors.
So far the work around is to select something blue, bring up RS, click around on a few styles, even though the object doesn't change styles, then click 'undo'.  If everything changes back to the default style/colors, I can normally save the project.
Again, clicking on different styles does not change the style. No matter how many times I click on the styles, I only need to click undo once.
In most of the projects this has happened in, I'm not using/changing the Render Styles at all, either directly or from the composer.

----------------
rgbii.com
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Very strange.
I would submit a Support Ticket to RL.
Did you check that your system requirements met the min for CTA2?

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

rgbii
rgbii
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Jeff, yes, my system does.  I've had CTA2Pro for 2.5 months, and this started happening about three or four weeks ago. I don't think there's been an update since I purchased it, and I can't think of anything else that's changed. The projects it's happening on are not bigger than previous one's that didn't have the issue.

I'll submit a ticket on this and hope they find a solution.

Thanks,
Richard.

----------------
rgbii.com
leonwolff
leonwolff
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I am also getting this problem. Is there a solution?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
leonwolff (9/11/2018)
I am also getting this problem. Is there a solution?

Is this happening with all projects or just one particular project? If it is just one project then it could be that the project is corrupt in some way.

I would advise uninstalling and then try a reinstall of the latest full version first. If that doesn't help, please contact Technical Support using the link below. They will be able to advise you further.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic