option to treat eyes as closed

Posted By rgbii 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rgbii
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Currently when you bring in a face and use the face fitting editor, it's assumed the eyes are open, and once the eyes are defined, CT7 will stretch the area above the eye down to simulate closing it.
It would be nice to have an option to tell CT7 when you define the eyes that they are closed, and it should instead compress the eye area up to open it. This would of course mean that you'll have to use the eye settings to provide the eyes.
While this could  be used for images of people that have their eyes closed, I'm thinking it would be handy for giving eyes to non-human objects that don't actually have eyes to begin with.

----------------
rgbii.com
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
CT already works well with non-human objects that don't already have eyes. I'm not quite sure how defining an eye as initially closed make any real difference?  Do you have any examples on how this would be better than the method we already have?  
rgbii
rgbii
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I don't have a visual example handy, but I can describe what I mean. If you have an object that doesn't have anything that resembles eyes, but you want it to come alive by having it's eyes and mouth open, and have it start talking, with the current product, you can do this with the mouth, but the eyes will have a cutout, and the area above it stretched down to simulate being closed, which works great for something with actual eyes, but not so much for something without.  An example might be a drink can that you suddenly want to open it's eyes and talk. The stretching prevents it from looking like the original object at the beginning when the eyes are closed.
Hope that helps.
Again, the current method works great for most situations, but I think having this as an additional option would give a lot more flexibility for objects without actual faces of any kind.

----------------
rgbii.com
Edited
9 Years Ago by rgbii
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I gave this some additional thought, and I agree, it would be a good thing to add. It doesn't really any benefit to portraits or facial rigs for normal characters, but if you wanted a couch to have it's eyes closed, then open suddenly to reveal it has eyes, setting them in an initial state of closed would help with this illusion.

Reading This Topic