Profile Picture

Reallusion... we implore you. $99 for a plugin that takes 8 hours! to "export" a 30 second anim to...

Posted By cly3d 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Reallusion... we implore you. $99 for a plugin that takes 8 hours! to...

Author
cly3d
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Why did you tease us with photorealistic render capability and then you ROFL, while we suffer these ridiculous export times?
  • Icone scene with Zero props.
  • Just 3 avatars - Chuck, Mason and Daz Genesis.
  • Idle animation and 2 mixmove animation of "talking"
  • Thats it - No lights no nothing else..
  • Started "export" to Indigo at 4:30pm
  • It's now 8:30 pm and the progress bar shows 50% export done. Ie. it's going to take 8!! maybe more hours in total to export?
  • 750 frames i.e its a 30 second animation (@25fps) of just 3 avatars talking!
  • Export folder already shows 28GB ... you read that right... GB!! so another 28GB to go?
Why oh why did you tease us with photorealistic rendering and then release a shitty plugin to interface with such a good renderer?
I was perfectly happy with doing it the hard (but quicker) way - exporting models and anims as FBX into Daz/poser and then using Octane.
Then Indigo became feasible and I like it's "real photograph" feel.... but the iClone plugin has been programmed by some of the most inept programmers there are.

It's a very, very lazy implementation. Please fix this.
We've paid for it!

Hoping others sign this rant/petition.

Edited
9 Years Ago by cly3d
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I agree Indigo is a sort of "Tool with an illness." A sort of "Something from the future!" tool we cannot properly utilise yet.

ACTUALLY.... Where did this fad obsession come from to suddenly "Make everything look like we videod it."  from.
I'm starting to throw up last years carrots over this one.
(Bit of a horrific visual emphasis there for impact. Render THAT one in Indigo!)

I still enjoy the output from iClone as it is. As per iClone output. I havent even properly utilised the 3D capabilities yet.
And if I want a different effect to the final render (from a choice of over four hundred and eleven.....) I simply run it through the latest plugins from Video Studio by Corel.
AND.... (Here's the juicy bit!)  some of the effects give an illusion of Indigo output to the point where, unless you hada  reference point, you wouldn't know that it wasn't indigo output.
Argue as you will.

Download a trial of Video Studio from Corel, their latest ver. and sit back in Awe.
For alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the trouble Indigo gives you, you'll wonder why nobody had showed you so much in the way of enhancements to a module of Video output ever before.
If you havent seen ADORAGE in CVS, you really need to as well as all the other plugions they bundle with it now.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/040c6474-54b5-4e36-92a7-309c.jpg

cly3d
cly3d
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

>>>For alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the trouble Indigo gives you, you'll wonder why nobody had showed you so much in the way of enhancements to a module of Video output ever before. 

It's not video effects...star bursts...smooth skin filters etc that I'm after.
It's human rendering, joints/geometry/hair rendering i'm looking for.
See the attached examples rendered via iclone and Indigo.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/52b3846c-abc3-457b-9257-7848.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/7c1176e6-e570-4757-8a69-dc88.pnghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/12fa43c2-e248-4285-85c1-f5e2.jpghttps://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6d4d5b4d-cf4c-463d-831e-b119.jpg

So, it's not "video effects" I'm after, it's a lot more than that.

I've used ProDad since the days of the Amiga where Prodad cut their teeth on.
But... I'll bite. Will download the trail and see if there's something that can be of use.
No harm checking out something.

>>> 
ACTUALLY.... Where did this fad obsession come from to suddenly "Make everything look like we videod it."  from.

Sorry - what exactly do you mean? Is there a rule that iClone should be used for iclone like output or previz only? I think not.
It's a tool in a storytellers toolkit, and needs to be treated as such. It is powerful, and hence critique/wishlists will be put forward by users - paid users. Nothing wrong with that too.
Edited
9 Years Ago by cly3d
hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
We probably need to ask soyasu.
https://forum.reallusion.com/225125/Indigo-RTrequests-Two-critical-improvements?PageIndex=3

soyasu (3/5/2015)
hattori kun (3/3/2015)

So on to duplicated textures and mesh? BigGrin

Hi, hattori:
This is a bug, we will fix it next version. Tks so much. Wink

Soya

cly3d
cly3d
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Hattori. 
Hoping someone at Reallusion weighs in. These threads seem to be ignored.

hattori kun
hattori kun
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Its a huge problem for animation.
But we don't know how successful indigo for Iclone really is to warrant a fix.
The indigo forum itself seems like a dead forum with few user posting.
I also use Octane for lightwave and the development is night and day. Wish they picked octane over indigo.
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I whine and growl at Indigo.....

ONLY BECAUSE.... it will NOT render the sets of prop volume I utilise and I REFUSE to economise on set glorification simply because another software grinds to a halt with it.

I love the Indigo output. But I see its output filtered in other methods, not wholly, but damned close.

As a still software, Indigo rocks IF you wants its effect. Elsewise iClone does a superb job which can be edited as a still acordingly.
I see the work you're after with it. I know what you chase. I was a commercial professional photographer using 6x4cm and 10x8 inch negs from plate cameras with models whose faces looked like the surface of the moon. Sad
But just sometimes the capture needs more than its output to be a result.  And I think thats where youre coming from.

The day Reallusion build Indigo output style into the iClone rendering engine................... THEN we'll really have something.  Cool
But until then and with Indigo choking on its food when someone feeds it a "normally populated" set and not just 1 avatar and 2 props........ I dont see an economical way forwards with it.

Regardibng Pro Dad and etc inside CVStudio.... I use it for stills as well. You might find some of the hi-resolution capabilities now and variants to the filtering eye opening. I blend alot of them together.
regarding this Reality Rendering issue..... I dont ever remember anyone asking for it, it all came as a surprise. indigo. I think the driving demand was non sliding feet and more lights and cameras.

Personally aside from sliding feet and mist and fog (Not that old goat even again!!!) I cannot fault iClone. I reccommend it to so many.
But even with the flying machine we use here, Indigo judders along before grindfing to a halt. We'll all grow old before it can cope with the set content we want to force feed it.  

Armstrong.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Armstrong
cly3d
cly3d
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Good insights, Armstrong.  I found myself nodding in agreement while reading your last post.
One thing: Have you tried disabling "realtime smooth" in iClone and then exporting to Indigo? (and using Indigo's smooth option via the iclone plugin instead)

I don't know if this may or may not help in your export of heavy sets - but when I disable realtime smoothing within iclone, I notice no crashes during the "export phase" between iclone to indigo.
If I have realtime smoothing checked as on, without fail it would crash at random points during the export.

Of course, I understand you might be talking of an entirely different issue in Indigo where it seems to be choking on too many meshes etc. I don't have experience in that aspect.

Regards,

Reading This Topic