Editing/deleting tracks

Posted By markfaith1 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
markfaith1
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
This is for CT7.3

How do you delete just the leftover track after you "break" the clip. Every time i break a motion track and try to delete what i don't want it deletes my vocal track along with eveyrthing else. I've tried highlighting the track i want to break and delete. I've tried to right click on the leftover track. Nothing works and i have to undo the last action performed or else i lose my vocal track. also how can i edit my talk track (TTS). I can't find it as a wav. file. What if i want to change the text I shouldn't have to start all over. Thanks for some asst. I love this software and what it can do but right now i feel dead in the water.  Mark  
Edited
9 Years Ago by markfaith1
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Mark,

I think you may be confusing the Motion track with the Auto-Motion track. With the Motion track you can break and delete parts without affecting your Viseme (vocal) track. Auto-Motion on the other hand is tied to the Viseme track because the motion is automatically generated by the audio data. In this situation removing the Auto-Motion will remove the Viseme track.

You can avoid this by recording lip-sync only and then adding your motion data manually using puppeteering and other pre-set motion files. Auto-Motion is there for uses who want to quickly generate facial animation without any hassle but it doesn't have to be used. You can have complete control if you wish by using the motion track instead of the auto-motion track.

For the Viseme track this too can be edited (Pro only) by breaking and moving the parts around. However it isn't possible to edit and change the text to speech once it has been generated.

I hope this helps explain the situation.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

markfaith1
markfaith1
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Thanks Peter for your help. Your response was good. I've learned a lot the past few months as animation and video editing are new to me. I'm trying to tackle CTA2 and even though it seems complicated I plug away every day. Thanks again!

Reading This Topic