Posted By CaseClosed 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

G5 Soft Cloth RE: editing Chuck Casual soft cloth UNDERSHIRT

Author
CaseClosed
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am trying to customize the G5 Chuck Casual CloneCloth. Chuck Casual is a button shirt over an undershirt (T-shirt). I was able to texture the diffuse and opacity for the button shirt, but I can not see how to edit the diffuse and opacity of the Undershirt.  

Can someone point me to where the Modify- Material settings are for the Undershirt? Thank you!
Edited
9 Years Ago by bbvb17
animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
It looks like it is a single mesh with a single texture with the collar in a separate area (called Undershirt for some reason). Anything above the collar on the main texture would be the T-shirt. I've colored orange (not very well) the T-shirt part on the CloneCloth template.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/093580aa-8834-4008-8096-8065.png

Opacity adjustments would be in the corresponding area of the Opacity map.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by animagic
CaseClosed
CaseClosed
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

It's part of the outer shirt.
I discovered that right away in my diffuse map tests. I made that area invisible in the opacity map so the outer shirt lines up with the collar.

The area on the main texture that says 'Undershirt' does not actually affect the Undershirt: it's the collar, and that's where the frustration begins.

Attachments
ChuckCasual upper layout_v001.jpg (261 views, 499.00 KB)
Edited
9 Years Ago by CaseClosed
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
bbvb17 (7/21/2015)
Actually, that area is till part of the outer shirt. I discovered that right away in my diffuse map tests. I made that area invisible in the opacity map so the outer shirt lines up with the collar.

The area on the main texture that says 'Undershirt' does not actually affect the Undershirt: it's the collar, and that's where the frustration begins.

Hi..

If you want to remove the collar, say for a round neck t-shirt, just make the Undershirt area black on the Opacity map.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

CaseClosed
CaseClosed
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I figured out what I was doing wrong. In my lighting tests with indigo renderer, I had turned the ambient color to white on many objects including the upper skin. Haha, oops. 

I turned the ambient color back down, and the 'undershirt' disappeared. Voila.
You were both correct of course.
Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Reading This Topic