European TV standard 25 fps when startiing a project

Posted By tonk 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tonk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hello Reallusion,
I have another very important wish for the next version of CrazyTalk Animator.

In Europe the TV-standard is 25 frames per second. When starting a new project I have to accept the 30 fps
preset which cannot be changed.
When rendering the project in AVI format with 25 fps, the video is stuttering and does not keep the original length.
(Besides, why did you give the user this option when the video will be stuttering?)

If you want to sell a video to a TV station you have to convert it with very expensive software or hardware.
Some TV stations do not accept any converted videos made in 30 fps.

Is there some hope that the developers of CTA might hear my wish?

Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
i agree with this.
Ideally users should be able to optimize their timeline based on on a working frame rate of whatever their tv standard is in their region. At the bare minimum it should be adapted to a 24fps working environment which is the universal film standard and what most animators depend on order to calculate motion and timings and such.

Authoring FPS and export fps are two completely different things and RL should place more emphasis on the authoring side.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
Edited
9 Years Ago by Ibis Fernandez
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 49 minutes ago
tonk (7/20/2015)
Hello Reallusion,
I have another very important wish for the next version of CrazyTalk Animator.

In Europe the TV-standard is 25 frames per second. When starting a new project I have to accept the 30 fps
preset which cannot be changed.
When rendering the project in AVI format with 25 fps, the video is stuttering and does not keep the original length.
(Besides, why did you give the user this option when the video will be stuttering?)

If you want to sell a video to a TV station you have to convert it with very expensive software or hardware.
Some TV stations do not accept any converted videos made in 30 fps.

Is there some hope that the developers of CTA might hear my wish?

Thank you for the feedback.

The issues you report should not be happening. If you export @ 30fps or 25fps the length of the video should not be different. The frame rate just indicates how many frames will appear in one second. So a 60 second video @ 30 fps should still be 60 seconds @ 25fps. Only the number of frames will be reduced.

Also visible stuttering should not be occurring. Perhaps you can send us the video that is stuttering so we can see what you mean. Please use the Support Form below to submit your video for testing. We will then be able to see if the results you are getting are correct or not. It may be that there is an encoding issue, possibly with a faulty codec or setting.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/UserEx/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic