Warlord's 'Swarm'

Posted By Zwavelaar 9 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Zwavelaar
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hey there, I hope this is a stupid question and somebody can help with my 'problem'. I just purchased 'Swarm' created by Warlord. The product promises a swarm butterflies, but all I get is a swarm of boxes called 'Control Dummy'. And I have no idea how I can change them into normal butterflies. Can anyone enlighten me?
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/c7ca64a4-22f6-4f11-9d9a-1fa1.jpg

DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Holy Badgers Whiskers this is an oddity.
I'll be patronising and ask if you've tried reinstalling it. My first instinctive guess would be missing graphic files. But I don't know how Warlord works programmatically. (He isn't actually from this planet, anyway!)
Also what quality are you viewing your editor window in or mode?

Armstrong.

JC Weatherby
JC Weatherby
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi, look to the left in your scene panel, and turn off the "Dummies" by clicking the eyeball icons in the right-side column.

In the scene panel, you should be able to spin some of those open to view items - hopefully the butterflies - "attached" to the dummy boxes.  You'll want to make sure they are visible in your scene by clicking the eyeball icon "open."

See, in iClone you can group items by attaching them - by using the "Attach" panel in the modify panel, on the right.  Once an item is attached to another it will appear in the Scene Panel underneath the item to which it is attached.  

Once you have an item attached or "Parented" you can MERGE the objects into one item or prop.  You do this back in the Attach panel which is part of the Modify Panel.  The option to Merge is only available when you have a group of Attached objects selected.

You can also link things so that one object will follow or duplicate the motion of another object.  This is handy when you want to pass an object from one prop or character to another.  Warlord has a very good video about this that should come as part of the iClone training DVD, or you'll probably find it on youtube.

Good luck!
Edited
9 Years Ago by JC Weatherby
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
If they are in fact "Dummies" then all you have to do is press "CTRL+D" to turn on the dummies or turn them off.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Zwavelaar
Zwavelaar
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)Veteran Member (672 reputation)

Thanks for your quick reply. Actually, all the eye icons are open. And I had to detach all the butterfly groups, so that is in line with your post. They were all attached. But as I say, all the eyes were fully open Smile

The solution for me was click Ctr+D, just like Cricky said. So, now I am a happy man (Ah well, sometimes we don't need expensive and impressive things to be happy).

But I appreciate your explanation about the scene panel. Now that was an eye opener for me Wink Every day I'm learning new things...
Zwavelaar
Zwavelaar
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks very much, Cricky! Your solution did the trick! Ah, sometimes life can be so easy...Smile
Serapine
Serapine
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)Senior Member (382 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I know it is an older Post. But i have the same Problem. The dummy don´t show in the Scene tab. When i close the Eyeballs all the butterflies are away but the dummy will show. When i press ctrl+D the butteflies are away too and the dummy will show. What can i do?

Edit: I have found out how it will work.
Edited
7 Years Ago by Serapine

Reading This Topic