Error message.

Posted By kenmatthews 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
kenmatthews
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello,
I've not been able to work on Iclone 6, one because I need to learn the new system, and two, I've been busy screenwriting and scheduling same. Decided to try and master 6, however I received this error message. Now I did have some trouble with my computer and the drive letters may have changed. Question; if this is the case how do I change the path? Any help would be appreciated.
Best regards.
Ken.https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8c97501a-90c7-4d71-b13f-9f02.png 

The more I learn, the more I realise, I know nothing!
justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
First the basics:  Verify if that folder exists.  Go to "My Computer" and see if you have a "K:" drive, and if you can get to that folder.

I suspect the folder is indeed gone.

This might be one of the folder locations where you need to edit the registry (Animagic has posted details), or if you're not comfortable with that, uninstall and reinstall iClone.  (Be sure you're connected to the internet when doing the uninstall/reinstall.)

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Thanks Justaviking,
I do have a 'K' drive, however I have found the relevant folder on drive 'L'. Instead of messing about with the registry I'm going to copy the folder to the 'K' drive and see if that works...
Best regards.
Ken.

kenmatthews
kenmatthews
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello Justaviking,
I did copy the relevant iClone 6 Custom folder in drive 'L' and went to drive 'K'. The 'Custom' folder was missing in the 'K' drive chain, so I made a new 'Custom' folder and pasted the copied 'iClone 6 Custom' folder into it. Voila, it worked... Thanks for your help...
Best regards.
Ken

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Excellent solution.
Glad to hear you're functional again.
Good luck, and have fun.  Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Reading This Topic