CT7 or Animator 2?

Posted By LearnWGraffix 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
LearnWGraffix
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)Veteran Member (571 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I have CrazyTalk 5 Pro, and I'm considering upgrading to CT7. Animator 2 Pro got my attention. The comparison chart shows that Animator 2 does almost everything CT7 does, except "Export Interactive Avatars to Web, iPad/iPhone" and "Voice-driven Auto Motion." As I understand it "Voice-driven Auto Motion" means CT7 will add in facial expressions depending on the inflections of your voice. First question: Is that correct? Second question: Is it correct that Animator 2 will not do that? Thanks!
coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

I recommend you wait for away before buying the software. Crazytalk Animator 2 pro has a very limited selection of props , scenes and characters. In my opinion, Reallusion needs to give users a free content pack to encourage usage of the software. You can get a good idea of the content available in the software by watching YouTube videos. Overall the software is very good but lacks free content.

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
LearnWGraffix (7/6/2015)
I have CrazyTalk 5 Pro, and I'm considering upgrading to CT7. Animator 2 Pro got my attention. The comparison chart shows that Animator 2 does almost everything CT7 does, except "Export Interactive Avatars to Web, iPad/iPhone" and "Voice-driven Auto Motion." As I understand it "Voice-driven Auto Motion" means CT7 will add in facial expressions depending on the inflections of your voice. First question: Is that correct? Second question: Is it correct that Animator 2 will not do that? Thanks!

Yes, your assumptions are indeed correct.  In CT7,  the Voice Driven Auto Motion" will set expressions, as well as affect things like scale, rotation, zoom, etc... I believe it's configurable as to how strong the effect should be, and movement limits I believe (it's been a while since I was in CT7).  

And no, CTA2 will not do this automatically.  Although the tools are there to make any of these effects and modifications manually, just not auto-driven to the voice.  As well it shouldn't be, since CTA2 is a character animation system, and CT7 is an app for making photographs talk.  Two different targets...
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
LearnWGraffix (7/6/2015)

Everything you have written is correct. Smile

CrazyTalk 7 features voice driven auto-motion and allows easy export to web and iOS systems which is not available in CTA2.

CrazyTalk Animator 2 on the other hand is more like a 2D animation studio where you can add multiple characters, props and other scene elements. Because of this it is more complex than CT7 so does have a steeper learning curve.

Overall which version you should go for does depend on what you plan to use CrazyTalk for.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
coolhewitt24 (7/7/2015)

I recommend you wait for away before buying the software. Crazytalk Animator 2 pro has a very limited selection of props , scenes and characters. In my opinion, Reallusion needs to give users a free content pack to encourage usage of the software. You can get a good idea of the content available in the software by watching YouTube videos. Overall the software is very good but lacks free content.

Because CrazyTalk Animator 2 is 2D software any photo or drawing can be a prop so there really is no reason you should be short of props. You can use software like DrawPlus to quickly draw any object you require and then export it as a an image that can then be used as a prop in CTA2. You don't even need to have any drawing skills because you can simply use the tracing features of DrawPlus to trace a photo of any object and then export that.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

coolhewitt24
coolhewitt24
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

In response to Peter,  You shouldn't  be encouraging people to trace or copy content. It's important to note that you aren't allowed to copy or trace content without the exclusive consent of the owner. I recommend Reallusion create a free content pack with a couple new characters to encourage usage of the software.  The current selection of characters were recycled from Crazytalk Animator 1.

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

coolhewitt24 (7/8/2015)

In response to Peter,  You shouldn't  be encouraging people to trace or copy content. It's important to note that you aren't allowed to copy or trace content without the exclusive consent of the owner. I recommend Reallusion create a free content pack with a couple new characters to encourage usage of the software.  The current selection of characters were recycled from Crazytalk Animator 1.

While I agree with you that RL needs to create more compelling content, copying or tracing someone else's work isn't necessarily a bad thing. The whole CrazyTalk Pro (not animator) is built upon the premise of making photographs talk.  Any photograph.  And the whole premise behind CrazyTalk Animators head fitting, and iCLones face fitting is also built upon this premise.  If it's for commercial use, sure get permission.  But otherwise, I wouldn't really worry about it.  I've created many a video using either someone's face from a photo (celebrity, politician, etc...) as well as imported well known faces into iClone.  It's not really that big of a deal, again barring any commercial usage.
Ibis Fernandez
Ibis Fernandez
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.4K reputation)

coolhewitt24 (7/8/2015)

I dont think thats what he said. There is tons of royalty free content available on the web. There no reason why he shouldn't be allowed to take advantage of that. The tracing of content refers to the process performed by vector programs like draw plus to convert image files into vector ones. It can also refer to manual tracing (animators call this process "rotoscoping"). Even on the copyrighted stuff, there's nothing wrong with using it as reference material from which to derive an original piece.

Also  if you have a camera either stand alone or the one on you cellphone, you can take your own pictures of objects and use those images as the source for the "tracings" without the need to down, That would yield a 100% original image without relying stuff from the web at all.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ad51c90b-00a8-459d-8ca4-2136.gif
Ibis Fernandez   |   (available for hire)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professional Animator, Filmmaker | Creator of the highest quality (modular) G2 rigs for cartoon animator and developer of Toon Titan and Puppet Producer 
Author of Flash Animation and Cartooning: A Creative Guide
>>> be sure to check out http://toontitan.com for professional grade assets, templates, and custom tools for Cartoon Animator and more.
garrypye
garrypye
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Coolhewitt24, Peter said "you can simply use the tracing features of DrawPlus to trace a photo of any object and then export that." And you intentionally misrepresented what he said, instead suggesting "You shouldn't be encouraging people to trace or copy content. "

You know he wasn'y suggesting that you copy other artists content. But I guess it better serves your purpose to pretend that's what he meant. So you can keep pushing your theory that "Reallusion create a free content pack with a couple new characters to encourage usage of the software". Instead of worrying about getting something for nothing, create your own content. You said in another post that you have a hard drive full of artwork. So you are obviously quite capable.

I've read many of Reallusions responses to your endless complaints about CTA2. And frankly I am very impressed with their patience and politeness. Because frankly, you're impossible to please.

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks
Edited
9 Years Ago by garrypye
lesdodds
lesdodds
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
BigMan morph head 
Link to CTA2 morph using a CT7  script.

LearnWGraffix (7/6/2015)
As I understand it "Voice-driven Auto Motion" means CT7 will add in facial expressions depending on the inflections of your voice. First question: Is that correct? Second question: Is it correct that Animator 2 will not do that? Thanks!

LesterSmile
 My YouTube
My Facebook
"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-Walt Disney

Reading This Topic