Indigo Question

Posted By Zwavelaar 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Zwavelaar
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)Veteran Member (670 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I'm playing around with the Indigo render and I must say, it looks pretty good. And although I still have a lot to learn, I already have one crucial question...well, crucial for me that is Smile

If you want to render an animation with Indigo, it will do so with sequences. For me it's important to change the background settings, when I use the Indigo Sun and Sky. The default model is 'Captured Simulation'. But this model results in very dark shadows. Not quite realistic. So, I change it to 'Original'. In that case I can change the Turbidity values and create softer shadows.
But...when I render an animation sequence I can't set this 'Original' model and Turbidity value for all sequences. Every time a new sequence is ready for rendering the Backgroud settings go back to the default 'Captured Simulation'.
This is very annoying. And I cannot imagine that this is not an option. I mean, there must be a menu where you can change all the different options/values before rendering an animation, right?

And I know that you can adjust a few values in iClone itself before rendering (Tonemapping). But that's it. 

So, now I hope that somebody out there can tell me if it is possible to set the Turbidity value for all the sequences before rendering. And if not, if this is a limitation of the plugin.    

Cinenaut
Cinenaut
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hi Zwavelaar,
I have heard about the problem from many people. It seems that when you render an animation sequence, the indigo does not retain the background settings from one image to another. Furthermore; you cannot batch change the settings for the whole render queue, it will reset itself after each render of an image.
The workaround is simple though. Get yourself a batch text editor (Batch Text Replacer is a good option) and compare the changed value in he background settings.
Then simply batch replace the values in all IGS files.
It works perfectly.
Cheers.
oscarj
oscarj
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)

Last Active: 7 Years Ago
As of Indigo 4.0.44 you can change(override) most render settings for a whole queue. That doesn't include material changes and background changes though. I think normally that's built in into the plugin (it is with blender) but it seems the iClone plugin has quite a few issues at the moment.

The captured simulation system is quite realistic though, the darkness and sharpness of the shadow is meticulously simulated. If you're getting too dark shadows, that might be due to your tonemapping being too dark or contrasty. HDRI's usually do a better job with soft shadows if that's the look you're going for. 

Reading This Topic