Profile Picture

Text To Speech In Real Time

Posted By enc216 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
enc216
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I have a (python) program that I would like to add a talking avatar to and am thinking of using unity + crazytalk (+ interactive plugin on a webpage possibly). My program outputs what I want the avatar to say. Is there a way to input text for the avatar to say in real time? I am trying to avoid hard coding the speech through the crazytalk animator.

Thanks.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Please have a look at our "Text To Animated Message Service" (TAMS). This might be what you are looking for Smile

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/TTS/index.html

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

enc216
enc216
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)Senior Member (327 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
I have tried using TAMS but am having a lot of trouble. On Firefox and Internet Explorer, it crashes every single time. On Chrome, I have enabled NAPI but the page only loads with a small bar at the bottom with play, stop buttons and the rest white space. I have downloaded the Unity Web Player, so it should work. I have tried on two different computers, to no avail. I cannot find any help online either. I'm not sure why using TAMS is so troublesome. Do you know what would be causing this? Do I need to have the pro version of crazy talk and the interactive plug in? I only have the demo.
Edited
9 Years Ago by enc216

Reading This Topic