A VERY SAD DAY FOR ALL PINHEAD FANS

Posted By colour 9 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Pinhead's Website hasn't been renewed. I'm gutted.
The Pinhead Annual Community Projects were more-or-less the only iClone Community Projects, that attracted thousands of views & Posts,  showcasing the best Clips from the best iClone Storyline Animators, over many years.
Many lasting friendships have been forged through Pinhead & his Projects..
That being-said, there's  hope that a New Website will be up around September time, with a new Community Project, to celebrate the Pinhead Community Projects 10th anniversary in 2016.
I'll be badgering Alley at that time. If we want to see Pinhead's return, we should all badger Alley & chip-in to help her with the new Website & a new Project. If we don't, Pinhead will be gone forever. We can't let that happen. I know that Alley doesn't want to see Pinhead just fade-away. Neither does Pinhead, who's still here with me & Dobbin & Boo. Plus an Owl or two.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

animagic
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 25 minutes ago
Sorry to hear that. Wasn't there some fundraising last year for the website? I believe I contributed, as did others.

What is sad also of course is that with the website the many references to contributed Pinhead films have disappeared.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

animagic (6/29/2015)
Sorry to hear that. Wasn't there some fundraising last year for the website? I believe I contributed, as did others.

What is sad also of course is that with the website the many references to contributed Pinhead films have disappeared.

Last year's Fund-raising kept site up for one year, Job. That's now expired. However, lack of funding wasn't the reason for not renewing. Other factors involved.

I don't understand Websites, so don't know if Pinhead HQ Data is stored "as is" somewhere.

I have possibly all Pinhead clips going back to 2006, on my PC.

toonarama
toonarama
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Colour

This is a shame. Could you perhaps consider doing it without a website and instead
a) Using a dedicated forum post on here
b) Using a youtube "group" (can't remember whether that is the correct term) to keep all the videos together - alternatively set up a dedicated user on youtube
c) making any assets available as freebies on Alley's content store?

Thanks

Mick 
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
colour (6/29/2015) ...//... Last year's Fund-raising kept site up for one year...//... I don't understand Websites ...//

You COULD host it free without "fund Raising" issues.
I use and host something like 300+ commercial websites, approximately 11 PHP SQL driven forum arenas and something like 23 different e-commercially enabled stores with corporate front and backend.

Here are the 240, yes that's 240 facilities available.
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/e6438192-d426-4e73-902b-0a21.jpg
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/a684f892-7007-4231-a945-2e77.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/086ea8e4-b94d-4930-9e4f-6374.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/9a891c18-9e47-4df0-8d51-4205.jpg

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/bee92702-55eb-4d92-baf5-7e15.jpg

UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH (Means in layman terms you can download as many videos as you like without running out of permitted download volume)
UNLIMITED SPACE (Means you can upload gigabyte HQ HD Movies)
PASSWORD PROTECTED Account.
Private access.
FTP Facilities.

So, there never has been an issue with losing your websites or content. I've offered this service since 2001. Laughable these days that anything should go down.
This also means you could have your own PHPBB v3.x forum like this one (Better actually, Ahem!!!)

And privately host your own WORDPRESS or other Blogging system WITHOUT SPAM and all the other inane drivel so called "FREE" hosting suppliers plaster and influence your hard work with.
They're the fastest servers in Europe and the world utilising the latest tech.  in all arenas.  

This offer applies to anyone.
Easy! Quick! Clean! Private! Spamless.
S'up to you. 
I use it all the time.
Armstrong.

Edited
9 Years Ago by Armstrong
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks for your concerns Toonerama & Armstrong.
As Posted, fundraising wasn't the issue. I'm not on the Pinhead Projects Committee, so I'm not directly involved in the decision making process. However, worth keeping in mind. Thanks. 

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Sad indeed.

I hope Pinhead will reappear on a new website soon.  We are definitely overdue for another project.  For me, personally, it's been a good time for a pause between projects as I've hardly been on iClone at all (and I miss it).

Like Peter, I have most of the Pinhead videos, but not all.  I'm especially missing most of the "project launch" and award ceremony videos posted by The Committee.

Pinhead has been through many dark periods, but always manages to persevere.  I trust he'll be as resourceful this time, too.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Absolutely.... Walter P. cannot, must-not die!!! Sounds like a great opportunity to built a new Pinhead from the ground up!!!!

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Alley
Alley
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (16.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hello folks,

Sorry for the lack of posting on the subject so I'll try to be as honest as I can be about the situation.
For those people that don't know the history, PInhead originally started as a video editing project that encouraged people around the world to be involved in a video project.  It was decided that everyone would create a video that showed where they come from, and Pinhead was to appear in the video as a common denominator.   The character was drawn by my husband and he was meant to be a sort of techie kind of guy, a bit goofy but kind hearted.  He was first brought to life because one of our video members introduced me to Crazy Talk, which allowed us to create messages from Pinhead to his followers.  It was only a matter of time before discovering iClone and since version 2 or 3 (I forget) - there have been many variations of the guy created by community members.  His looks have varied slightly, but he still remains the same character with distinct long face, glasses, tuft of hair on top, blue t-shirt and jeans, etc.

The Pinhead projects are completely organized by volunteer committee members.  I seem to have inherited the lead role and I personally paid for the website myself for several years.  At some point, we added prizes into the mix and I am the one who goes out and sources prizes from various companies that I have had relationships with.   I also look after fulfillment of the prizes, often paying for shipping myself also.  Last year was the first time we opened it up to donations and we are grateful to all of you who donated.  We only accepted donations until we reached our goal to cover the website and prize fulfillment costs (under $200). There has been little turnover in the committee over the years, although there has been some.  The committee for the past several projects consists of myself, Gerry (wires) from Germany, Joe from Chicago and Brian from California. 

As with any creative group, at times you run into differences of opinion on how to proceed and unfortunately at start of last project, the opinions on how we should proceed got difficult.  As this project is meant to bring fun and joy to all involved including the committee, it was clear that it had started to create too much dissension among the group.  It was impossible to move forward and I won't get into any more detail.

Now, with that being said - yes, I downloaded a copy of the website.   However, I think that it's time to give Pinhead a new look and a new beginning.  For that reason, I let the website lapse (renewals keep getting more and more expensive).  We are down to 3 committee members now who have agreed we are committed to keeping Pinhead going.  Our goal is to create a new website (simpler) and probably project specific to start and to move forward with our last idea for a project.  So, sometime over the summer, we hope to introduce a new url website, perhaps with some hints of what is to come, and the goal would be to introduce a new project in the Fall (September).

Sorry, but I really didn't know how to sugar coat the situation but we love Pinhead as much as you and don't want to see him gone just yet.

I hope this answers your questions. Smile

Alley

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday

Very sad!  Hopefully whoever managed the website has a backup of it.

Jeff

EDIT: Was writing just as Alley posted. Glad there is a backup! Yea Alley!

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
9 Years Ago by jlittle

Reading This Topic