A VERY SAD DAY FOR ALL PINHEAD FANS

Posted By colour 9 Years Ago
Rated 1 star based on 1 vote.
Author
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
mark (6/29/2015)
Absolutely.... Walter P. cannot, must-not die!!! Sounds like a great opportunity to built a new Pinhead from the ground up!!!!

I mentioned to Alley some time-ago, Mark,  that a September date would give those who have iC6 time to iron-out the bugs & get acquainted with it. And Time to develop a new Pinhead G6 Character.,

September is end of summer, when prospective Pinhead Project participants would be out & about.  

A 2016 Project close date would be ideal for a special Project, celebrating Pinhead's 10 years.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Alley (6/29/2015)
Hello folks,

Sorry for the lack of posting on the subject so I'll try to be as honest as I can be about the situation.
For those people that don't know the history, PInhead originally started as a video editing project that encouraged people around the world to be involved in a video project.  It was decided that everyone would create a video that showed where they come from, and Pinhead was to appear in the video as a common denominator.   The character was drawn by my husband and he was meant to be a sort of techie kind of guy, a bit goofy but kind hearted.  He was first brought to life because one of our video members introduced me to Crazy Talk, which allowed us to create messages from Pinhead to his followers.  It was only a matter of time before discovering iClone and since version 2 or 3 (I forget) - there have been many variations of the guy created by community members.  His looks have varied slightly, but he still remains the same character with distinct long face, glasses, tuft of hair on top, blue t-shirt and jeans, etc.

The Pinhead projects are completely organized by volunteer committee members.  I seem to have inherited the lead role and I personally paid for the website myself for several years.  At some point, we added prizes into the mix and I am the one who goes out and sources prizes from various companies that I have had relationships with.   I also look after fulfillment of the prizes, often paying for shipping myself also.  Last year was the first time we opened it up to donations and we are grateful to all of you who donated.  We only accepted donations until we reached our goal to cover the website and prize fulfillment costs (under $200). There has been little turnover in the committee over the years, although there has been some.  The committee for the past several projects consists of myself, Gerry (wires) from Germany, Joe from Chicago and Brian from California. 

As with any creative group, at times you run into differences of opinion on how to proceed and unfortunately at start of last project, the opinions on how we should proceed got difficult.  As this project is meant to bring fun and joy to all involved including the committee, it was clear that it had started to create too much dissension among the group.  It was impossible to move forward and I won't get into any more detail.

Now, with that being said - yes, I downloaded a copy of the website.   However, I think that it's time to give Pinhead a new look and a new beginning.  For that reason, I let the website lapse (renewals keep getting more and more expensive).  We are down to 3 committee members now who have agreed we are committed to keeping Pinhead going.  Our goal is to create a new website (simpler) and probably project specific to start and to move forward with our last idea for a project.  So, sometime over the summer, we hope to introduce a new url website, perhaps with some hints of what is to come, and the goal would be to introduce a new project in the Fall (September).

Sorry, but I really didn't know how to sugar coat the situation but we love Pinhead as much as you and don't want to see him gone just yet.

I hope this answers your questions. Smile

Relief! Thanks for letting us know the good news, Alley.
PINHEAD RULES OK!

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thank you for the post, Alley.

I can only imagine how difficult it must have been for all the committee members to struggle through their differences of opinions, especially with the weight of the entire Pinhead community on their shoulders.  We all get emotionally invested in Pinhead and his projects, and nobody is closer to him than you.  As you pointed out, it ought to be fun for the hard-working committee too, and I know that our excitement and enthusiasm unintentionally adds to the pressure you feel.

As we've said a thousand times (but still not enough), we all appreciate the work that goes on behind the scenes to select, plan, coordinate, and execute the projects.

Just know that we're here for you, the entire committee (past, current, and future), and Pinhead too, of course.

We'll all be eagerly awaiting his reincarnation.

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Edited
9 Years Ago by justaviking
wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I've nothing much to add to what Alley has already said regarding the present situation. The decisions made weren't taken lightly, and we are very much committed to getting a new project started sometime after the summer.  As always with us, we have a few totally excellent subject ideas for the new project - well at least we consider them excellent Tongue - and hope to entice users of various animation packages to participate.

We don't expect to be making any further announcements until maybe the end of August, so enjoy the summer and sharpen your creative juices - while cooling down with the fruity ones. CoolSmileBigGrinHeheRolleyes

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Gerskey
Gerskey
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (9.3K reputation)

Hi community,
So sad to hear this about Pinhead.
So lets all be positive and look forward to New revamped Pinhead in the Fall ( Autumn ). We all need a little bit of upgrading now and again and I'm sure Pinhead will agree where ever he is on his holidays lol.
I look forward with excitement!!

Peace
Gerskey

Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Alley and Wires:

That is very good news. Smile  

I wasn't enamored by Pinhead when I first met him but the little bugger grew on me like a weed. Tongue I'm glad to hear that he will still be acting and I hope to utilize him in a role during the next project. Wink

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
colour
colour
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm sure Pinhead will agree where ever he is on his holidays

"Weather here. Wish you were lovely. Views Good. Pinhead"

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/6a8423e4-212f-41a7-af96-3218.jpg

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
sw00000p (7/1/2015)
Why don't all of the members pitch in... say one dollar.
Sounds like a huge community. One buck should solve the money problems.

Per Alley's post:
a) Members did contribute, and the monetary goal was reached.
b) It wasn't just the money.  There were creative differences (some dissention) within The Committee.  I think they needed to take a break themselves, step back, reassess, and reorganize or whatever.
c) Pinhead shall return!!!  Smile

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 13 hours ago
Unfortunately I have had to remove a number of posts due to a breach of forum rules.

I would like to apologise to the innocent parties whose posts were also removed as they were made redundant after the clear up.

To be clear it is certainly not a requirement to be a Pinhead fan to participate in this thread, but please be respectful to those that are.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

pinguintje
pinguintje
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.4K reputation)

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/15a6923d-9157-4b59-ab40-efef.gif

Best Regards,
Arie

Reading This Topic