Blender Blather

Posted By urbanlamb 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
....hrm dont know what to say I do it for fun maybe you dont like my style that's fine....    
I used to do them without music and that was also complained about so you know what they say "can't please all the people all the time" but your free to watch tutorials by others if you dont like mine Tongue

Be careful of the older videos they might be out of date.   ... for anyone that actually watches them that is

as  for the rest who dont watch em cause they dont like the stye .. I can't say I care sorry.     /shrug 

(yup you caught me on an off day after a harrowing week last week of the world dumping on me so excuse my bluntness hehe)

rampart (5/8/2017)

I started the first video.  I find it very distracting when video producers apply background sounds and music to technical teachings.
Hard to concentrate on all the mouse movements and explanations of the tutor.
You do have very clear voice and explanations are good. 

I stayed with the video to about 14 minutes and the music went away...whew

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
7 Years Ago by urbanlamb
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Anyhow since this thread got bumped I thought I would add this (for people who dont mind my teaching style)

I spent the about a month on this recording every sordid detail not leaving anything out and then another 2 weeks editing it all down trying to get it to make sense.   I noticed when I watched it that I actually left two ngons in the front it was driving me batty as I watched the finished series .. anyhow so those are fixed Tongue      

Its "the making of miss dancey cakey"   This is the playlist link its too long to post all the videos so here is the link to the playlist.

Click to watch the Making of Miss Dancey Cakey Series

I call these tutorial series "seat of the pants" tutorials because that is what they are .. its my creative process recorded mistakes, oopsies and all

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/8ef928c9-6de8-462e-a608-fa5a.png

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
7 Years Ago by urbanlamb
rampart
rampart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
i have often thought -  why not have videos with 2 audio tracks to choose.   I mean we can turn off the sound *all of it".  If the video creator provides one track for background music and one for voice that would be cool.
It may just be me.  I concentrate too hard or can't concentrate and keep focus (AHDD).  I'm not going to go onto adderall to correct it either way. LOL

I just now found your videos and plan to watch some of them.

Edited
7 Years Ago by rampart
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

haha okay dont watch the one on the character creator I have to make a new one the CC works differently now.     I think this is the only one that is so now way wrong I think i even took it off the playlists but its still somewhere on the channel cause i never delete anything.  I like to go back and see how things have changed.   There are some really cheesy things up there cause times have changed.   Anyhow have fun.    

I dont use iclone in the classic sense I pounced on it when I realized i can like get just about anything to work in it if i tried being a realtime render engine I was quite delighted with it all.      So my um "characters" and stuff are a bit off the wall (just like me) Blush

Dr. Seuss

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I am just updating this thread with just one tutorial.   This one is not for people who know nothing.  It builds on some of the stuff I covered in the series I created for making my wierdo characters.     

Anyhow its basically all the weighting options in blender for weighting since all my previous tutorials I use the automatic one click weight button I thought I would show the "regular way" since that is what I tend to use on most of my little dudes I make.  

Blender weighting tools

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/ddec2b2d-c15d-4762-a28f-5c42.png

hrm i guess i need to start a new thread.. since this is now in the iclone 6 forum .. well next time..

Dr. Seuss

Edited
6 Years Ago by urbanlamb
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Here is another quicky if your making stuff for iclone to use in your movies tis another "quicky noisy office" tutorial 

here is the video link
How to copy weights from one side to t-other (my way) 
and here is a picture Smile

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/f99e72ec-287e-47e1-b68d-3143.png

p.s. i might be moving to dailymotion but we shall see.. so this is why the videos are linked instead.  

Dr. Seuss

Edited
6 Years Ago by urbanlamb

Reading This Topic