Blender Blather

Posted By urbanlamb 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sw00000p (6/30/2015)

You must realized.... Ever since you posted that test video.... "a group of horses running"...
I'm very aware of your lack of iClone Tool knowledge.
It's NOT surprising that you also have "Daz Importing" problems. (With Custom manipulated Cloth)
It's clearly understood,,, "You don't know what your doing!"

Do you understand what's a "storyboard" / Animatics and its role in the film making process ? I guess you have never done a storyboard in your life. You never felt the need of it.

This is the reason why everybody  is not allowed to get into a kitchen while a dish is being prepared. Same is the case, why outsiders are not allowed inside a design studio. To understand the design potential in a "scribble", you need creative training experience.

I don't think you have ever designed anything on a piece of "napkin" that will subsequently be finished for the market.

The "storyboard clip" that you saw is for a TV series [ 26 part 45 minute episode each ] which will be sponsored by an International brand. If you thought that was the "finished" product, then you are the DUMBEST guy I have ever come across.

Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
sw00000p (6/30/2015)
prabhatM (6/30/2015)
sw00000p (6/30/2015)

You must realized.... Ever since you posted that test video.... "a group of horses running"...
It's NOT surprising that you also have "Daz Importing" problems. (With Custom manipulated Cloth)

Do you understand what's a "storyboard" and its role in the film making process ?

This is the reason why everybody  is not allowed to get into a kitchen when a dish is being prepared. Same is the case, why outsiders are not allowed inside a design studio. To understand the design potential in a "scribble", you need creative training experience. I don't think you have ever designed anything on a piece of "napkin" that will subsequently be finished for the market.

The "storyboard clip" that you saw is for a TV series. If you think that was the "finished" product, then you are the DUMBEST guy I have ever come across.

That test video was a great start.
1. A group of horses running.
2. You placed a character on the horse.
3. The character did NOT move.

I explained how (Hip Trajectory and Secondary animation) is accomplished. You did NOT do it. (Due to lack of iClone Tools knowledge)
Watch Ms. urbanlam tutorials..... you just might learn something. w00t

Didn't I just mention you don't understand the role of a "storyboard /animatics" in a long episodic animated film ?
Your AUTISTIC mind can not grasp. Period.
Now don't stretch this thread unnecessarily. We will have enough opportunities in future.

Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
sw00000p (6/30/2015)

prabhatM (6/29/2015)
Just make your posts more relevant, try use the screenshots and procedures of Blender for the Blender issues. As I said before it will be helpful for most of us. Or, simply say " in Max, I do like this.....for the similar problem". Then people will not take your posts in ABSOLUTE sense.

Anyway, by now you have understood the purpose of my debate with you. It will be nice if you can put a little extra effort to make your posts useful to the larger audience, relevant and repurposable.

Roberto, on the other hand, knows how to use iClone Tools!  (A Wonderful guitar playing short!)
Roberto has asked for help.
Roberto knows I'm a 3ds Max user and simply  trying to share the process I've learned.

Ms. urbanlamb came to the rescue.Wow She posted a wealth of Blender tutorials.
Ms. urbanlamb stated, "If I were more descriptive, she'd gather her thoughts and see what she could do." Time permitting, of course!

Don't ever expect me to post Blender screen shots. It's a waste of breath.
My concern... in this thread is to help Roberto.... NOT you.

Why?

Ms. urbanlamb may have the patience to start at step one.... I DON'T.
Roberto and Armstrong.... KNOWS how to use iClone Tools.
(They are READY to use Blender)
(prabhatM.... You need to learn iClone Tools first.... Then learn Blender Tools.) 
"Don't put the cart before the horse!" Tongue  ...that's Azbackwards. Pinch

I share my methodology.... Ms. urbarnlamb.... translates it to Blender terms.
A group effort to achieve a goal.
~ Plain simple english ~

Thank You Ms. urbanlamb! Wow

I wish I could go on with Blender and integrate sw00000p preciuos advices with Ms. urbarnlamb videos... but instead I am stuck to check the 1st (hopefully last...) letter from my lawyer...
Such a daunting situation... Angry
Hope to be back to the magic of the 3D world soon....the real world can be sometimes really annoying...
Ok, I just needed to write this... it is out of scope, sorry.... but the period we have right now is really though.

Cheers (anyway...)

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello 
Just adding another video to this thread.  I dont know if there is another tutorial around for this but here is how to create heightmaps and masks and use them in iclone using blender as the only tool to create them

I also create terrain as well so the tutorial is rather long so I am going to put some links to the specific times in case you already know how to make the terrain but didn't know how to make the heightmap.   (one of blenders best kept secrets I think) 

1)  how to make the heightmap https://youtu.be/uEELEMeMrm4?t=8m43s

2) how to make the mask  https://youtu.be/uEELEMeMrm4?t=15m6s

3) Getting it all into iclone  https://youtu.be/uEELEMeMrm4?t=34m57s

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

Edited
9 Years Ago by urbanlamb
urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.2K reputation)

Yet another video this one is how to use Blender to sculpt CC avatars.   I use the base character to demonstrate just how simple it is Smile
To be honest for sculpting triangulated mesh without issue blender is very good .. it has lots of tools and handles such meshes very well

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go."
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     Dr. Seuss

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

urbanlamb (10/8/2015)
Hello 
Just adding another video to this thread.  I dont know if there is another tutorial around for this but here is how to create heightmaps and masks and use them in iclone using blender as the only tool to create them

Hi Urbanlamb,

thanks for this great tutorial!
99% of the tutorial was very clear, except one point (at least to me, and surely because I am still in the learning phase for the unwrap/texturing stuff ) : I felt that the part where you explain how to unwrap the mesh and set up Blender texture options was a bit too fast.
Do you have any tutorial about this ?
I am learning, reading... but if you tell me: this tutorial is the "Bible" for the unwrap/texturing, then I go immediately for it.

Thanks in advance for your kind answer
Cheers

Roberto

PS: @sw00000p (who I know will jump in, being the topic within his expertise domain) : I will come back to you after I learnt some basic stuff.
Now I feel I still miss the "basement", while you can help me to build the "walls, the rooftop, and the interior" of the "castle".
I will be back to you as soon... Wink
As soon as I got it

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

for the height map one? just go to top view (press 7 on the keyboard)
and then go to uvunwrap and select "project from view bounds" 

then click on the material textures icon after you select the material and choose "blend" cause its being generated by blender and not drawn.   That is all there is to that really Smile unwrapping is very simple in this case

RobertoColombo (1/6/2016)
Hello 

I am learning, reading... but if you tell me: this tutorial is the "Bible" for the unwrap/texturing, then I go immediately for it.
Thanks in advance for your kind answer
Cheers

Roberto

As soon as I got it

This is not the bible for unwrapping or texturing this is the bible for creating heighmaps and its not anything like texturing a model for something else it wont work for other types of texturing this is a very specific case.  I have created other videos on how to texture the regular way elsewhere.  Go back to the beginning of the thread and there are videos that have that information in it.   I am not creating bibles really though I am creating short tutorials hoping that they help some people.    I put already 2 basic texturing tutorials in the thread at the beginning though.    They are not perfect but hopefully they help.  

Dr. Seuss

Edited
8 Years Ago by urbanlamb
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks,

i will check them out.
I was confused, in this video, by the part where you assign the Texture Mapping (in the Properties window) to UV, because I have no idea what is that about and why should we do that Ermm
Anyway, i will watch the other tutorials

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I map it because it might be useful in future and I am painting on the thing and want to save info.    I think I mention something like we will do it just in case we want to do something in future etc like import it as a mesh, but it would need to be decimated or something like that.   Its like two button clicks, but this kind of mapping will only work on something that is a flat plane like that terrain.  Although you can use project from view for other things you would need to do it for all sides of a model but the terrain only has like one side Smile

Dr. Seuss

rampart
rampart
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
urbanlamb (10/8/2015)
Hello 

I also create terrain as well so the tutorial is rather long so I am going to put some links to the specific times in case you already know how to make the terrain but didn't know how to make the heightmap.   (one of blenders best kept secrets I think) 

1)  how to make the heightmap https://youtu.be/uEELEMeMrm4?t=8m43s

2) how to make the mask  https://youtu.be/uEELEMeMrm4?t=15m6s

3) Getting it all into iclone  https://youtu.be/uEELEMeMrm4?t=34m57s

I started the first video.  I find it very distracting when video producers apply background sounds and music to technical teachings.
Hard to concentrate on all the mouse movements and explanations of the tutor.
You do have very clear voice and explanations are good.

I stayed with the video to about 14 minutes and the music went away...whew

Edited
7 Years Ago by rampart

Reading This Topic