Profile Picture

Anyway to know colour number and use colour number on cta 2 colour panel

Posted By cynsegura 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Anyway to know colour number and use colour number on cta 2 colour...

Author
cynsegura
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Is it anyway to get same number colour than in flash or adobe ilustrator to use on cta 2 Because when I work  cta  colour panel it changes without really knowing the colour.  I find so difficult to match colour composition. Please let me know if someone found the way..

Thanks
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Yes, if you have CTA 2 Pro or Pipeline.

You can create a simple object (i.e. a circle), set the color to the exact color number you want, export it, then import into CTA as a prop.
Take it into Prop Composer Mode, select the prop and open the vector grouping tool.
Set the group to the same group as the character (or prop) group that you want to change the color of.
Take the prop back to the stage.
With your character (or prop) on the stage, select the color circle, click on the "Apply Selected Render Style" button on the top toolbar, and click on your character (or object) and the color will be applied to that characters (or props) group.

Note: that the Character (or prop) you are applying the color to must be a Render Styled object.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

cynsegura
cynsegura
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.5K reputation)

Hi there I am trying to do this.. but I get lost.. Can you please let me know more.. I can place the figure with the colours.. But not sure how to apply to my character clothes.. Thanks
cynsegura
cynsegura
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I get lost here Take it into Prop Composer Mode, select the prop and open the vector grouping tool.
Set the group to the same group as the character (or prop) group that you want to change the color of.
Take the prop back to the stage.
With your character (or prop) on the stage, select the color circle, click on the "Apply Selected Render Style" button on the top toolbar, and click on your character (or object) and the color will be applied to that characters (or props) group.

Thanks I will really appreciate your help
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 31 minutes ago
Using your favorite drawing package create a Circle (or some shape) and fill with your desired color.
Export to a swf file.
Open CTA.
Drag and drop your swf file onto the stage or use the "Create Media" button to create a prop using your swf file.
Your filled shape should now be on the stage.
Select the filled shape.
Click on the "Prop Composer" button. This takes your filled shape prop to the Prop Composer area.
Now click on your object to select it then click on the "Vector Grouping Tool" button on the left.
On the right side of the window you will see a vertical column titled "Group Name Selection".
Click on the name of the group you wish to color in your actor.
Then again on the far right click on the index that causes your filled color to flash.
There are typically one or two items in the list, index 0 and possibly index 1 for a basic shape. One is the border (if any) and the other the filled area.
Once your color is flashing and you have selected a name in the "Group Name Selection" (i.e. Upper 03), click the "Apply" button in the lower right.
Now click on the "Back to Stage" button (upper left) and your object is back on the stage.
Place your actor on the stage. Select your filled colored shape, then click on the "Apply Selected Render Style" button (top middle) and your cursor turns into a bucket.
Place your cursor over your actor and click on the actor.
Your filled color will now be applied to that character only to the Group Name you previously selected and applied to the filled color shape.
(i.e. If you applied the Upper 03 to your filled color shape then any part of the actor that has the group name of Upper 03 will change to the color of your filled object.)

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

tonk
tonk
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Thank you for explaining this complicated procedure.

Reading This Topic